Knoxville West at Powell

WestHigh4Life

20 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

West took one on the chin last year to a little 3A school on their own field. Will West keep Alcoa on the schedule after graduating 18 starters after this year? Probably not. :thumb:

Yep they will series with Alcoa and Maryville already been renewed for another 2 years

Interesting matchup for sure.  West defense vs Powell offense. Questions are can West run the ball on Powell consistently enough to keep the Powell offense off the field and wear on their defense and can West get any pressure on Potts (OR was unable to) and sack him or make him make hurried throws. If it isn't rainy or too cold I may have to journey up beautiful Clinton Highway again this Friday to watch.

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

So far Alcoa has Maryville, West and Blackman locked. Still working Powell, Greenville and Bearden.....yes, Alcoa scared to move to 4A. Ha! 

Stepping out to play a 4A team or 6A team is commendable for a 3A team , but I’ve noticed you showing up on other threads seeking attention the last 2 weeks… could it be because there wasn’t even a thread about Alcoa’s last game ? I didn’t even know who you all were playing last week… and I don’t even know who you’re playing this week… maybe if Alcoa was in 4A there would have been a great Greeneville vs Alcoa thread or Alcoa vs Anderson County thread with 30 pages … but enjoy the guaranteed Gold Ball in 3A , nothing wrong with that … just must really suck that no one even makes a thread for your upcoming Battle. 

Edited by pepvol

2 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Stepping out to play a 4A team or 6A team is commendable for a 3A team , but I’ve noticed you showing up on other threads seeking attention the last 2 weeks… could it be because there wasn’t even a thread about Alcoa’s last game ? I didn’t even know who you all were playing last week… and I don’t even know who you’re playing this week… maybe if Alcoa was in 4A there would have been a great Greeneville vs Alcoa thread or Alcoa vs Anderson County thread with 30 pages … but enjoy the guaranteed Gold Ball in 3A , nothing wrong with that … just must really suck that no be even makes a thread for your upcoming Battle. 

"Guaranteed Gold Ball in 3A".  There are no guarantees. Ask Tennessee about needing "style points" as a focus instead of a "one game at a time" attitude?

But, the mere down play that winning a 3A championship should not mean much...cause it's "guaranteed" is laughable. It is not laughable to the players that spent all winter lifting weights, Spring on the field practicing....all summer in 90+ degrees in full pads. But, your view is that without a thread, there's not any interest? sad.

It's not the players fault that a 683 student enrollment and 65 players puts them in 3A. Why should they be required to play bigger schools for a championship? Just so there will be a thread on Coacht?

murvul had no problem winning championships all those years in 4A. People on Coacht whined all the time...."Maryville needs to move up and play "big boy football". Remember how you felt? ......like your wins did not mean anything cause it was "too easy" or "guaranteed"?  Sad, how soon you forget.......

Do I need to start a thread about playing a pitiful team, and stating that "our little fellers" will probably lose by 101.6 points over and over?  Then, once the thread is created, have to listen to fans of the same team whine about concession stand food....having to buy tickets on a computer or phone....OR, whine about the quality of the team's broadcast streaming???

Nah, not worth it........

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Interesting matchup for sure.  West defense vs Powell offense. Questions are can West run the ball on Powell consistently enough to keep the Powell offense off the field and wear on their defense and can West get any pressure on Potts (OR was unable to) and sack him or make him make hurried throws. If it isn't rainy or too cold I may have to journey up beautiful Clinton Highway again this Friday to watch.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

So essentially next year's Knox West team is the group that Boone played against most of the 2nd half?

Yes lots of juniors and sophomores

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

"Guaranteed Gold Ball in 3A".  There are no guarantees. Ask Tennessee about needing "style points" as a focus instead of a "one game at a time" attitude?

But, the mere down play that winning a 3A championship should not mean much...cause it's "guaranteed" is laughable. It is not laughable to the players that spent all winter lifting weights, Spring on the field practicing....all summer in 90+ degrees in full pads. But, your view is that without a thread, there's not any interest? sad.

It's not the players fault that a 683 student enrollment and 65 players puts them in 3A. Why should they be required to play bigger schools for a championship? Just so there will be a thread on Coacht?

murvul had no problem winning championships all those years in 4A. People on Coacht whined all the time...."Maryville needs to move up and play "big boy football". Remember how you felt? ......like your wins did not mean anything cause it was "too easy" or "guaranteed"?  Sad, how soon you forget.......

Do I need to start a thread about playing a pitiful team, and stating that "our little fellers" will probably lose by 101.6 points over and over? 

Nah, not worth it........

Eye wood taik Alcoee agin tha feeled....

Mairvul did chews two play upp in tha Souper 32.....

And tha littull fellurs ere KNOTT playin' a pittyfull teem and tha Paytreeuts ere a 173.1 pt favritt.....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Weather should be fine by gametime. 

Great questions. West has run the ball pretty good against everyone they faced...their run game could grind out but really they break long runs and make tds but Powell might be the defense to limit the big play on the ground or the air.

Powell has a huge oline and west front seven tackles well but we will see if they can keep containment and limit the big plays by Powell.

I think big plays, ball protection, and penalties will determine this game. I think also which Senior class wants it more because both are extremely talented.