Knoxville West at Powell

WestHigh4Life

15 minutes ago, wompuscat said:

Great heavyweight battle there. Good to see Lamar Brown get a shot at a title. 

Biggest difference with these two programs, is there’s one coach you would love for your son to play for, and one you wouldn’t. 

Figure that out as you want. 

Completely disagree! I do not know anything about the other coach. I am sure he is great. However, Matt has done amazing things for Powell, and I love my son playing for him.  

11 minutes ago, HTV said:

Congrats West. Hard earned win. 

And Powell fought like defending state champions do. No shame in losing this one. 

Not at all. Take away those INTs on the GL, Powell probably wins this one, but have to credit West, they got it done when they needed to. Why was CML so ticked off near the end of the game? Seems like he thought the referee blew a whistle before that last play started? I was confused.

23 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Glad West got the W, they were the best team all year. Knew Powell would put up a fight. It’ll be interesting to see how both teams look next year, especially Powell now that all of their prized…..”players” are gone.

We already saw what Powell looked like at the beginning of the season without Potts. Just imagine what they'll look like without all those graduating seniors, unless they get some " key transfers " in this off season. 

39 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

We already saw what Powell looked like at the beginning of the season without Potts. Just imagine what they'll look like without all those graduating seniors, unless they get some " key transfers " in this off season. 

Powell’s JV team only lost one game this year to Maryville. Powell will definitely miss the seniors, but I think they are going to be just fine. 

12 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Powell WR talking trash after every play and they call it on West...

Ahhh #8 for is known for running his mouth all game, his coach even mentioned it before the game. sometimes getting his team up and like tonite getting himself and his team in trouble. If he had of just walked away and kept his mouth shut no flag. Even had his team mate in his face telling him to shut up! Hope he cools it next week, be a shame to lose a state championship over his mouth.

1 hour ago, footballknox said:

Powell’s JV team only lost one game this year to Maryville. Powell will definitely miss the seniors, but I think they are going to be just fine. 

Rhea County's jv team was undefeated in 2021-22 and their Varsity team finished 2-9 this season, so I don't always put a lot of stock in up and coming middle school teams or jv teams although I understand what you're trying to say. 

28 minutes ago, bounder said:

Ahhh #8 for is known for running his mouth all game, his coach even mentioned it before the game. sometimes getting his team up and like tonite getting himself and his team in trouble. If he had of just walked away and kept his mouth shut no flag. Even had his team mate in his face telling him to shut up! Hope he cools it next week, be a shame to lose a state championship over his mouth.

#8 makes one gesture and that makes him known for running his mouth all game? You obviously didn’t watch this game or your region superiority bias is taking over. Whichever, hope you enjoyed staying warm this week. How many Whoop A shirts were you able to give away this week? Do you give those for basketball? Maybe you and Willie did the griddy together via FaceTime every time the Great Region 3 scored last night! All kids talk nowadays. Just not sure why officials pick and choose which gestures are ok and which aren’t. This game seemed a little too big for the guys in stripes last night.

What a game! Hats off to both teams. You could tell that both teams wanted it. 

3 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

#8 makes one gesture and that makes him known for running his mouth all game? You obviously didn’t watch this game or your region superiority bias is taking over. Whichever, hope you enjoyed staying warm this week. How many Whoop A shirts were you able to give away this week? Do you give those for basketball? Maybe you and Willie did the griddy together via FaceTime every time the Great Region 3 scored last night! All kids talk nowadays. Just not sure why officials pick and choose which gestures are ok and which aren’t. This game seemed a little too big for the guys in stripes last night.

What a game! Hats off to both teams. You could tell that both teams wanted it. 

He ran his mouth from the first play of the game. He was fortunate to only get flagged once.