Knoxville West at Powell

WestHigh4Life

18 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

That was terrible.  Acting like a kid hit you when nothing could be further from the truth?  Not the actions of a "good man".  Just embaressing.

No mention of the tackling out of bounds push by #4 on the play that caused the reaction by all? From West to Lowe....just watched it and thought it was a nice acting job as the player put his hands up in the air by ML face. 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

No mention of the tackling out of bounds push by #4 on the play that caused the reaction by all? From West to Lowe....just watched it and thought it was a nice acting job as the player put his hands up in the air by ML face. 

I'll defer to HTV before I make a decision on what actually happened.  I mean, I think I know.  But until he tells me, I don't know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wompuscat said:

I'll defer to HTV before I make a decision on what actually happened.  I mean, I think I know.  But until he tells me, I don't know.

The "ignore" feature is a wonderful thing on this forum.  

Welcome to the club.  You aren't interested in actual debate or discussion.  

1 hour ago, sx1234 said:

I believe he was called for unsportsmanlike conduct after the play.   Either way, it was the only inconsistent call of the night I thought.  And to anyone that says the call was the only time a player used hand signals, or got in the opponents face with the taunting, you are clearly watched this game through rose-tinted glasses as that stuff was going on the entire night (and the refs were almost consistent the entire night of keeping questionable situations as no-calls- accept for this one single play).

Actually the PI was called on the set of downs before the unsportsmanlike call resulting in extending the drive.  The unsportsmanlike came shortly after the PI call on the next set of downs to extend the drive again.  

25 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Actually the PI was called on the set of downs before the unsportsmanlike call resulting in extending the drive.  The unsportsmanlike came shortly after the PI call on the next set of downs to extend the drive again.  

Gotcha!   Well being that I didn't even remember the pass interference call, I assumed that means I thought it was the right call when watching the game

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I would never compare the actions of a kid (who just made good tackle) and the actions of an adult (supposed to be a leader of men),

On 11/19/2022 at 8:36 AM, Whs1984 said:

This game will be the 1st real challenge either team has had since they played Maryville lots of running clocks and blowouts. Both will be tested West defense lost containment against Boone alot early in the game yesterday if they don't tighten that up Powell has the speed to make them pay for it with tds. Powell doesn't have big Walter this year so they better buckle up and get ready for some contact. I think it will be a close one rebels by a td.

Also, Maryville is down this year

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I would never compare the actions of a kid (who just made good tackle) and the actions of an adult (supposed to be a leader of men),

Good is inbounds, video showed #4 with a late hit out of bounds... not a good hit, that wasn't called. West #2 was riding #22 out of bounds, after both hit the white line, #4 gave the extra shove to both players to go down well into the Powell sideline.

So like I stated earlier, if you only watched Matt you missed the entire sequence of the play.