West TN Rural Top 10 Playoffs Rd 4

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

59 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Enjoy it while you can old man….

This old man has enjoyed watching this young Mustang team play immensely. I expect the Bulldogs will return to their glory days before long but not before a string of losses to the Mustangs. The Mustangs have a load of talent coming through the system and should ge outstanding the next 4 or 5 years. When our sophomore qb leaves in 2 years we have his younger brother ready to take over. He may be better than #9!

28 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

This old man has enjoyed watching this young Mustang team play immensely. I expect the Bulldogs will return to their glory days before long but not before a string of losses to the Mustangs. The Mustangs have a load of talent coming through the system and should ge outstanding the next 4 or 5 years. When our sophomore qb leaves in 2 years we have his younger brother ready to take over. He may be better than #9!

Huntingdon about to be a machine over the next few years. That middle school is legit! 6-2A better take note for the next two years. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here is some data for you. Covington has played 6 games against teams with above .500 records. 2 of those games were against teams with 9 or more wins. Covington went 4-2 in those 6 games and lost to the 2 teams with 9 or more wins. (Munford and Covington). Huntingdung has played 9 games against teams with above .500 records. They won 7 of the 9 with losses to Westview and McKenzie. Of the 7 they won 6 wins came against teams with 9 or more wins. This data suggests Huntingdung should be ahead of Covington and it’s why I have them ranked ahead of you. 

I'm glad that you put the obvious amount of thought into the rankings that you have, but I just used the old "gut feeling" and common-sense approach. Looking over all the teams on the list (and honorable mentions), I sort of think how the team would perform against the team listed above and below them...hard to find a scenario where it wouldn't be a mild surprise if one of them moved more than a spot or two. Henry Could very well beat Haywood, but even though they have been amazing all season, I think it would raise some serious eyebrows if McKenzie did, and so forth down the line. There would undoubtedly be some "upsets" if you played out all the hypothetical games, but you pretty much nailed the list using the unbiased eye test.

Edited by tradertwo

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'm glad that you put the obvious amount of thought into the rankings that you have, but I just used the old "gut feeling" and common-sense approach. Looking over all the teams on the list (and honorable mentions), I sort of think how the team would perform against the team listed above and below them...hard to find a scenario where it wouldn't be a mild surprise if one of them moved more than a spot or two. Henry Could very well beat Haywood, but even though they have been amazing all season, I think it would raise some serious eyebrows if McKenzie did, and so forth down the line. There would undoubtedly be some "upsets" if you played out all the hypothetical games, but you pretty much nailed the list using the unbiased eye test.

I like the gut feeling approach. Can be very effective. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 11/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, RollRed said:

With your reasoning Henry County beat Haywood 4 scores to 2 in our Jamboree. Covington got smashed by Munford. We just beat the team that smashed Munford. HC is definitely better than you 

You  know Haywood doesn't play a lot of the starting players in the Jamboree.

2 hours ago, Ljsr said:

You  know Haywood doesn't play a lot of the starting players in the Jamboree.

Suuuuuure they don’t. You don’t have to make stuff up because they got whipped like a barrowed mule. I get it, they drive all the way to Paris just to see how good the 2nd and 3rd string players were. 

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

Suuuuuure they don’t. You don’t have to make stuff up because they got whipped like a barrowed mule. I get it, they drive all the way to Paris just to see how good the 2nd and 3rd string players were. 

They don't play all the starters. They play some of them but not all because they don't want them to get hurt. Some of the 2nd string  played because they are in the rotation. Why risk your best player to injury for a Jamboree 

9 minutes ago, Ljsr said:

They don't play all the starters. They play some of them but not all because they don't want them to get hurt. Some of the 2nd string  played because they are in the rotation. Why risk your best player to injury for a Jamboree 

When my son played he sat out of the Jamboree his last year,my nephew playing with them this year he sat out. Everyone doesn't sat out.