Bradley Central Thanksgiving Classic

baconbreath

4 hours ago, ScottyP said:

They only get who they can get on the schedule. Your belief that they refused to play Bradley is straight up crap, and this school has won a title in the past (a long time, yes) when Shelbyville had Rick Insell as head coach--the last time that school was relevant in the sport. You want to cry because Shelbyville is garbage now without the Insells to guide them and recruit from around the state.

Oh ScottyP, I know we aren’t talking about recruiting with JPC at the helm in CC. And you can’t really believe the other “Top Programs” in the state are scared to play them. 

5 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Shelbyville hasn't been relevant since the Insell family took their show to Middle Tennessee State. It must really suck for you that you get to watch Bedford County's best get swept by Coffee County every year now as has been the case. And in case you haven't realized, it's the TSSAA that makes the regions and classifications, so who the heck cares about who plays who in the regular season when you have to still go through the Murfreesboro schools to win your region, the east Tennessee schools to win your sectional, and then the west Tennessee or Williamson County schools to win the state?

At this point does CC know what is past the region? And you’re the one that wanted to bring history into it. Shelbyville has won more State Titles than CC has made appearances. The CC kids are talented there is no doubt, now imagine if they had a head coach and not just a recruiter that puts good assistants with talented kids on his staff. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Yes, and lower classification does not determine worth. You think just because a large public school with a bunch of government pigs throwing money at them defines worth? 

I have no idea what you are talking about, but next time I will bring my tinfoil cap to the conversation. 

I believe bigger classification top ranked schools will beat lower classification schools 7 out of 10 times.  If single A top team plays AAAA top team then yes the AAAA will win.  You got me there

2 hours ago, ScottyP said:

That's nice. Except now Shelbyville doesn't make it out of the district anymore while they hardly play anyone in November. The Gazette covers Community School, Webb School, & Cascade more than Shelbyville because when you do play, you're losing.

Wrong.  Shelbyville plays in a four team district and all four of those teams make it to region.  

3 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

McMinn co. played pretty well against Greeneville yesterday but looked awful against Coffee Co. today.  McMinn could not stop CC inside game - and then McMinn would kick to the 3 point line and hit a bunch.

Bradley Central has all the pieces to have a great season.  Greeneville competed well for 3 quarters but could not sustain it.  Kimora Fields - a freshman for BC - is a beast and will only get better. 

I keep hearing Fields is the real deal.  She will be an all-time Bradley great it sounds like. 

6 hours ago, ScottyP said:

That's good to know. So does making it to region by default actually make you any good?  Let's talk about all the 4A D1 schools suburban Chattanooga Bradley Central has played to this point since your arrogant #### brought it up. You said Coffee County hasn't played anyone, but by the same token, neither has Bradley--all D2 or Independent private schools or lower class D1 schools outside of always struggling Warren County.  You just don't want to see Coffee County do well because they can't buy their success from the wealth of a very rich county or suburban metro.

I did not say Shelbyville was good just wanted to point out they go to region tournament by default being in a four team district as does Coffee County, Warren County, and Franklin County.  Playing those teams will not help Coffee County get better.

You obviously are upset about this Coffee County staff being called to the carpet.  I do not think, other than you, anyone cares if Coffee County or Bradley does well.  The people, like myself, are merely making a statement based off facts from the past that Coffee County generally plays a weak schedule and it has not helped them to get out of second round of region.  Bradley can do what they wish in terms of scheduling, they have the proof in their state tournament runs that  whatever they have been doing obviously has been working.  Good luck to your Coffee County team as they have a tough Blackman team coming up.  Over the next month Blackman will be their toughest opponent who they play twice.  Lincoln County will also be a competitive, lower classification team they play.  Riverdale, East Nashville, Polk County, Moore County, East Hickman and Tullahoma who all are average or below average teams or they are good teams but play A or AA ball.  I hope Coffee County does well and goes to the state tournament.  I think seeing JPC in the glass house would be a riot and just as good as any game.  Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Greeneville. Lower classification.

Hamilton Heights. Lower classification.

Chattanooga-Baylor. Lower classification.

Riverdale is a 4A program. Not A or AA.

Tullahoma is a 3A program in the same county as CC. You expect Coffee County to not play the only school in same county as them just because they don't invest in basketball like they do football?

You must've went to a very privileged high school that has a crap ton of money to help buy success. Or in the very least your support is invested in such a school.

I will help you.  The statement was Riverdale, East Nashville, Polk County, Moore County, East Hickman and Tullahoma who all are average or below average teams or they are good teams but play A or AA ball.  

all are average or below average teams OR they are good teams but play A or AA ball.  Meaning Tullahoma is an average AAA team at best and Coffee County will likely prove that two times this season.  Riverdale is a bad AAAA team but it is an easy schedule for Coffee County same as Tullahoma.  
Hope this helps, moving on.

7 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Greeneville. Lower classification.

Hamilton Heights. Lower classification.

Chattanooga-Baylor. Lower classification.

Riverdale is a 4A program. Not A or AA.

Tullahoma is a 3A program in the same county as CC. You expect Coffee County to not play the only school in same county as them just because they don't invest in basketball like they do football?

You must've went to a very privileged high school that has a crap ton of money to help buy success. Or in the very least your support is invested in such a school.

Sounds like ScottyP is salty about your comments MiddleTnBballObserver! Coffee has a really good team this year.  Time will tell if they can keep it together until tournament time. I believe they scrimmaged at Bradley in the preseason and Bradley won by around 10. I believe this region will come down to Cleveland, Bradley, Coffee, and Warren.  Each team has tough matchups for the others. 

1 hour ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Sounds like ScottyP is salty about your comments MiddleTnBballObserver! Coffee has a really good team this year.  Time will tell if they can keep it together until tournament time. I believe they scrimmaged at Bradley in the preseason and Bradley won by around 10. I believe this region will come down to Cleveland, Bradley, Coffee, and Warren.  Each team has tough matchups for the others. 

I think he/she is salty but it happens for fans who can’t see the truth.  Coffee has some concerns for me: they don’t handle full court pressure well or a high paced game, if the post players get in foul trouble they are toast, and the freshmen guard and sophomore guard are very talented but are not very tough like the senior point guard.  But yes, they are talented and like everyone they have their flaws just don’t tell ScottyP. 
Warren County is tough to figure out.  Get beat by 20+ one game then turnaround and play Tullahoma and win by 30+ and Dekalb by 20+.  I understand we are comparing apples and oranges with York and Tullahoma/Dekalb in terms of teams and coaching but that is two ends of the spectrum.  Warren Co plays White Co this week so that will be a fun game to go to.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 11:44 PM, ScottyP said:

Bradley Central is located in a county twice that of Coffee with a great deal of wealth, history, and privilege. It should not be shocking that rich bureaucrats in the metro suburban areas pour money into their schools so their sports teams can buy their success the way $EC teams do at the Division 1 college level under flagship and/or landgrant designations moreso now in the 21st century.

Your going on about Cleveland like it's rich or a big city. Stop naming a 101 excuses the only truly rich person in bradley County  supports Cleveland city schools not bradley central. Cleveland is bigger than coffee county yes, but Cleveland is alot more low income than most cities it's size in your area none of that plays into bradley centrals success. It's called having a dynasty. Either build your own in coffee county or stop making ignorant assumptions based off what you think about Cleveland. 

Edited by RichyRich

On 12/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, RichyRich said:

Your going on about Cleveland like it's rich or a big city. Stop naming a 101 excuses the only truly rich person in bradley County  supports Cleveland city schools not bradley central. Cleveland is bigger than coffee county yes, but Cleveland is alot more low income than most cities it's size in your area none of that plays into bradley centrals success. It's called having a dynasty. Either build your own in coffee county or stop making ignorant assumptions based off what you think about Cleveland. 

Yup.  Maybe it just means more here.  Tradition is a powerful thing…and keeping it alive is the drive that makes them play hard.  

2 hours ago, StateChampDad said:

Yup.  Maybe it just means more here.  Tradition is a powerful thing…and keeping it alive is the drive that makes them play hard.  

This is 100% accurate.  When losing is not accepted by fans, players, coaches,  AD, or community…..this is what you get!  It doesn’t hurt to have a Rhyne Howard come through your program either.   

Of course the opposing teams that come there to play also have to fight that tradition.  They know the stats and records.    What they continue to do at BC year after year is impressive.  Something all programs should strive to achieve.

But those referees…… No Bueno!  :shock:

• Like 1