Rankings

MidTennBballObserver

The rankings for week 2 baffle me from the TNReport.  How is Webb not always ranked #1 in the state?  They have division one talent up and down the roster from recruiting but still should hold the top spot.  Does anyone think that Bartlett gives Webb a game for four quarters?  I would also have Bradley ranked ahead of Blackman at this time based off the competition Bradley has faced and what they have done.  Coffee County has not played anyone early to be ranked fifth although they have the talent and coaching to make a run their schedule always leaves little to be desired from a program that wants to be top tier but has yet to make it out of region play.  Upperman should be ranked higher and I think a lot of schools rank higher than MTCS.  Just opinion, anyone else have one?

36 minutes ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

The rankings for week 2 baffle me from the TNReport.  How is Webb not always ranked #1 in the state?  They have division one talent up and down the roster from recruiting but still should hold the top spot.  Does anyone think that Bartlett gives Webb a game for four quarters?  I would also have Bradley ranked ahead of Blackman at this time based off the competition Bradley has faced and what they have done.  Coffee County has not played anyone early to be ranked fifth although they have the talent and coaching to make a run their schedule always leaves little to be desired from a program that wants to be top tier but has yet to make it out of region play.  Upperman should be ranked higher and I think a lot of schools rank higher than MTCS.  Just opinion, anyone else have one?

Bartlett is a college team. I watched them and only team that would beat Bartlett is Bartlett, IMO. Huge team and very quick and fast. I know Webb’s story as well. They have D-1 players from coast to coast. Would be a great game. Gibson County was very fortunate to beat Bartlett last year. They played with more sense of urgency this year and someone said they had a couple more big time players. They are loaded. We didn’t play them terrible as far as ball handling. They were just a head taller than us and quicker. Tough matchup if they are dialed in. You may get your wish. Bartlett may play Webb in the Dynamix TN Report Shootout Dec. 9th and 10th.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Bartlett is a college team. I watched them and only team that would beat Bartlett is Bartlett, IMO. Huge team and very quick and fast. I know Webb’s story as well. They have D-1 players from coast to coast. Would be a great game. Gibson County was very fortunate to beat Bartlett last year. They played with more sense of urgency this year and someone said they had a couple more big time players. They are loaded. We didn’t play them terrible as far as ball handling. They were just a head taller than us and quicker. Tough matchup if they are dialed in. You may get your wish. Bartlett may play Webb in the Dynamix TN Report Shootout Dec. 9th and 10th.

I think Webb has better talent after watching them a few games.  Saw them in Lebanon and they had third string in beating teams, their depth is phenomenal.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:37 PM, pioneer42 said:

Bartlett is definitely a huge team and maybe Sims makes them better. I saw South Side best them in 2OT game this summer at Covington. They were fouling a lot and the post that's going to NC State could not keep up. They were a very cocky bunch. Not that great to me, very undisciplined. I don't think they can beat Bradley Central, Blackman or Bearden.