Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

8 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Last year was the same chat on the championship thread. We all know what happened. Clay can win this game, if the Rebels play like the last three weeks, I think its 3TD advantage for McKenzie.

I think the difference between this year and last year though is that SP had a couple guys particularly on the defensive line that Clay just doesn't have. SP was able to match up better than Clay will be able to 

Haven't we learned our lessons?

Yes, on paper, McKenzie has the advantage, but Clay has a lot of what paper can't measure, heart. 

I know it's cliche, but those kids don't have any quit in them, and that will keep them in the game and possibly give them a chance to win. And, they'll be playing with a rather large chip on their shoulder due to all the predictions.

Last year SP had no chance. Three years ago, Fayetteville had no chance. This year, Clay doesn't have a chance. I'm gonna leave it to the boys on the field 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Haven't we learned our lessons?

Yes, on paper, McKenzie has the advantage, but Clay has a lot of what paper can't measure, heart. 

I know it's cliche, but those kids don't have any quit in them, and that will keep them in the game and possibly give them a chance to win. And, they'll be playing with a rather large chip on their shoulder due to all the predictions.

Last year SP had no chance. Three years ago, Fayetteville had no chance. This year, Clay doesn't have a chance. I'm gonna leave it to the boys on the field 

Like you said they are just opinions most of the time not expert just emotional opinions and have no bearing on the outcome of these games. Neither one of these teams is focused on any type of predictions being made. 

On 11/27/2022 at 3:27 PM, Pirate2003 said:

I agree with you. They had the best team and players last season. I’m glad we won, but the difference in SP and McKenzie kids last year was notable. It will be as much or more difference this year. Kelly took over the game for SP last season and took MVP honors.  Clay doesn’t have a guy like SP had last season. 

McKenzie should have beaten SP soundly last year. They should easily wypu in this gold ball. If they don’t then they should fire the head coach immediately for blowing two straight gold balls. 

You must have watched a different game than  me.  

Our d line last year was the part noticeable better. 

I'll come back after the game and will discuss how much better McKenzie is than Clay 

1 hour ago, team69 said:

I'll come back after the game and will discuss how much better McKenzie is than Clay 

I missed the whole part where Mck was heavily favored last year I just remember it was supposed to be Peabody or FC vs SP

Edited by RexKwonDo

Bruce Lamb helped lead another small town team that had "no chance" to a state championship and raised the gold in the end: the 2005 Livingston Academy Wildcats. Their offensive leader? Wilson Cates, who is an offensive assistant at Clay. 

Gimme the Bulldogs!

Also, you'll be able to rob a bank in Celina Friday. Ain't no way anyone stays home for this one. :roflol:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, team69 said:

I will be here to discuss. I will say it again. If McKenzie blows this one. They should fire the coach at the midfield trophy presentation. This Clay County team isn’t as good as the 2021 Pirate team and I believe McKenzie is a lot better than their 2021 team. Someone here said it best. SP had some guys named Kelly, Davis, and Hunter that Clay simply doesn’t have. Our D line was better, but Clay has nothing like Deandre Kelly either. 

This matchup is similar to the 2014 Union City vs Coalfield game in terms of talent on each side.