Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, King21 said:

Bruce Lamb helped lead another small town team that had "no chance" to a state championship and raised the gold in the end: the 2005 Livingston Academy Wildcats. Their offensive leader? Wilson Cates, who is an offensive assistant at Clay. 

Gimme the Bulldogs!

Also, you'll be able to rob a bank in Celina Friday. Ain't no way anyone stays home for this one. :roflol:

I compared rosters today. The 2022 Clay County is almost the exact same players as 2021 Clay County. I noticed a couple of new names, but there was only a few kids not on the 2022 roster that were on the 2021 roster. The new coach walked into a championship situation for one year at least. 

2 hours ago, NigCuppy said:

I believe you are lost sir. 

They thought they had it won after the Peabody game last year and played bad in the State Championship Game. Watch the game. I did. They played very lethargic. I hope they win it. But they won’t win it playing like they did last year. Coaching too last year.

Edited by pioneer42

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They thought they had it won after the Peabody game last year and played bad in the State Championship Game. Watch the game. I did. They played very lethargic. I hope they win it. But they won’t win it playing like they did last year. Coaching too last year.

I did not mean “lost” in the way that you were wrong because you are spot on with your assessment of last year’s championship game but “lost” in the way that shouldn’t you be in the winter sports section.

17 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Haven't we learned our lessons?

Yes, on paper, McKenzie has the advantage, but Clay has a lot of what paper can't measure, heart. 

I know it's cliche, but those kids don't have any quit in them, and that will keep them in the game and possibly give them a chance to win. And, they'll be playing with a rather large chip on their shoulder due to all the predictions.

Last year SP had no chance. Three years ago, Fayetteville had no chance. This year, Clay doesn't have a chance. I'm gonna leave it to the boys on the field 

All the heart and no quit attitude doesn’t do you much good when you are standing in front of a locomotive that is punishing anything that comes in its way. That’s what you have here. Good luck

11 hours ago, King21 said:

Bruce Lamb helped lead another small town team that had "no chance" to a state championship and raised the gold in the end: the 2005 Livingston Academy Wildcats. Their offensive leader? Wilson Cates, who is an offensive assistant at Clay. 

Gimme the Bulldogs!

Also, you'll be able to rob a bank in Celina Friday. Ain't no way anyone stays home for this one. :roflol:

There’ll be a lot of Clay fans in Chattanooga for sure. This group of Dawgs is special. Several cops and highway patrol stationed in Celina so I wouldn’t recommend robbing anything lol. Go Dawgs

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I know nobody from Mckenzie thought that facing a program like SP with the some of the studs they had on that team. I could be wrong but I think McKenzie's line was well below 100% going into  that game after battling it out against FC and Peabody in consecutive weeks and it really began to show in the 2nd half against a SP  DL that was better than Peabody's and FC.

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I know nobody from Mckenzie thought that facing a program like SP with the some of the studs they had on that team. I could be wrong but I think McKenzie's line was well below 100% going into  that game after battling it out against FC and Peabody in consecutive weeks and it really began to show in the 2nd half against a SP  DL that was better than Peabody's and FC.

McKenzie has had a big time road the last two years to get there I agree. I don’t know anything about Clay County. I just remember some of the same type posts last year. McKenzie coaches and players plays with a sense of urgency and a good plan they will probably have a good shot. Good luck. 

39 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie has had a big time road the last two years to get there I agree. I don’t know anything about Clay County. I just remember some of the same type posts last year. McKenzie coaches and players plays with a sense of urgency and a good plan they will probably have a good shot. Good luck. 

40 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I just received my stats package for the game Friday.  A brief look at the stats on both teams, and it appears this game is going to be closer than some think.  Those guys that wear red better be focused, and play clean. 

CC is loaded with good athletes. Going to be a good one for sure.