Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

11 minutes ago, footballover said:

McKenzie got their wish. Dropped down to 1A to get a gold ball. There's no difference in 1A and 2A with the best of the best. McKenzie belongs in 2A and they know it. Enjoy playing cupcakes every year Rebels. You got what you wanted.

Just know, if an East Robertson fan said this, it would be sadness for you. I'M THE REAL CCLHL!!

21 minutes ago, footballover said:

McKenzie got their wish. Dropped down to 1A to get a gold ball. There's no difference in 1A and 2A with the best of the best. McKenzie belongs in 2A and they know it. Enjoy playing cupcakes every year Rebels. You got what you wanted.

The enrollment numbers are easily found on the TSSAA website and McKenzie does not meet the criteria for 2A. Simple as that. This "McKenzie should be 2A" excuse is pointless. https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2022-23/2023classification.html#di-football

1938142620_Screenshot2022-12-02232925.jpg.e8b8d839d6bc3bd6229e918c520f67ac.jpg

1228775513_Screenshot2022-12-02232953.thumb.jpg.5b72d409617e349fb0eef87b92663561.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, footballover said:

Take this garbage back to hole from which you crawled out of troll.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Comer is the one of the longest tenure coaches in the state. Can’t imagine he will coach much longer. If he retired tomorrow he would have 3 silver balls and 1 gold ball. That is better than 99% of the coaches that will ever walk the sideline. Much respect for what he has accomplished in his coaching career. 

I'll agree 100%, and add that the Comer family is top notch off the field as well... the Mrs.'s was my wife's nurse in a potentially bad situation not too long ago, and was an angel in disguise... I'll be forever grateful for what she has come to mean to my family.

1 hour ago, footballover said:

Silly argument. I'm not the guy to be like so-and-so beat this team by that much, but it's at least as good in this case as your baseless opinion...McKenzie beat Huntingdon pretty easily, who beat Riverside pretty easily, who will be in the 2A state title game tomorrow. You can add that they beat Fayetteville, who beat the absolute brakes off of Red Bank, who played in the 4A quarterfinal (and led Anderson Co. at the half). All that adds up to nothing, but it's still more convincing than your "here's what I think".

9 hours ago, 1983 said:

Congrats to McKenzie.  I had no doubt they would go 15-0 this season.  I think Comer is a good coach but even you, BPM, could have won with this McKenzie team.  1A schools don’t have that kinda talent very often.  

That’s what I thought as well. The McKenzie talent was rare for 1A. It’s not often you have an athlete that can choose his school like #7. They were an extremely talented team. In the end, the difference in athleticism proved to be the difference. Congrats on a gold ball and enjoy that bullseye being on you now. lol

One thing I will say about Clay County, those boys did not lay down. They kept punching.  So many of you said that would happen.  And i agree…the TD was not controlled.  At that point it didn't matter.  I think penalties hurt both teams in key moments.  In the end, McKenzie had more speed, and athleticism.  That Marcom kid is a hoss!  He broke several tackles with multiple Rebels trying to bring him down. One thing Clay did no one else has done this year.  They stopped our QB from running.  It was apparent early those LB’s were not going to let Cassidy beat them with his legs.  

Someone tell me why there was no sense of urgency by Clay late in the 4th?

Final stats below.  

82136EB2-B19C-4C5A-B8AF-145BC6113C1A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

One thing I will say about Clay County, those boys did not lay down. They kept punching.  So many of you said that would happen.  And i agree…the TD was not controlled.  At that point it didn't matter.  I think penalties hurt both teams in key moments.  In the end, McKenzie had more speed, and athleticism.  That Marcom kid is a hoss!  He broke several tackles with multiple Rebels trying to bring him down. One thing Clay did no one else has done this year.  They stopped our QB from running.  It was apparent early those LB’s were not going to let Cassidy beat them with his legs.  

Someone tell me why there was no sense of urgency by Clay late in the 4th?

Final stats below.  

82136EB2-B19C-4C5A-B8AF-145BC6113C1A.jpeg

the last drive by Clay, that used 6 to 7 mins, sealed their fate.  Even though they scored, McKenzie was far enough ahead to give up the points for the time reduction 

• Like 1