Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I just received my stats package for the game Friday.  A brief look at the stats on both teams, and it appears this game is going to be closer than some think.  Those guys that wear red better be focused, and play clean. 

Good luck to you guys. They need to stay focussed. Last years game probably is a great reminder. 

16 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I will be here to discuss. I will say it again. If McKenzie blows this one. They should fire the coach at the midfield trophy presentation. This Clay County team isn’t as good as the 2021 Pirate team and I believe McKenzie is a lot better than their 2021 team. Someone here said it best. SP had some guys named Kelly, Davis, and Hunter that Clay simply doesn’t have. Our D line was better, but Clay has nothing like Deandre Kelly either. 

This matchup is similar to the 2014 Union City vs Coalfield game in terms of talent on each side. 

Brother I have to disagree.That Coalfield team wasnt a very good team alot like this year.Had a good young QB in McKinney and  Couple good linemen.Came to GB and won with 7 seconds left and we weren't a very good team either.This Clay team would beat that CF team by what this Clay team "should" have this year or worse.The East that year was terrible just like this year. This CF team and 14 had a Cakewalk to the Semis and 14 had easy street to finals.

Never fails when the East is bad we are down and when we are good we have to face a very good South Pitt in a slobber Knocker.

Your right about 21 Pitt had alot more talent than Clay,the two bothers and the big guy who transferred in were the BIG differences.Kelley was good no doubt but the big three were the reason Pitt was in Chattanooga. 

Clay just has to play their game and ANYTHING  can happen!

Edited by orngnblk

37 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

How has Clay County been able to get competitive in football the last couple of seasons?   They were a doormat for much of the last 20 years.

Because they have more talent at the skill positions than they've had in a really long time. Those kids have been playing together since youth league and most of them are seniors now. They'll lose a lot after this season but this senior class is one of the best to ever come through Clay Co. 

46 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

How has Clay County been able to get competitive in football the last couple of seasons?   They were a doormat for much of the last 20 years.

The senior class has some talented Jimmys and Joes,  literally. They have a kid that will be All-State for his 3rd year and another kid that will get that designation for his second straight. 28 should also get the nod he’s had an amazing year and has the most TDs in a season in CHS/CCHS history passing a bunch of legends on the way.  It is the winningest class to ever come through Celina, they have been coached up by alot of people that know the game of football and continued to grind, taken the bad with the good and it has paid off. It’s all been working towards this one 48 minute game where anything can happen. The last 2 years they have been a top 10 team, top 5 all of this year in my opinion. 

They will fall off some after this year maybe even more than I anticipate, because of losing 9 major contributors and my guess is have a new look coaching staff. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

39 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

The senior class has some talented Jimmys and Joes,  literally. They have a kid that will be All-State for his 3rd year and another kid that will get that designation for his second straight. 28 should also get the nod he’s had an amazing year and has the most TDs in a season in CHS/CCHS history passing a bunch of legends on the way.  It is the winningest class to ever come through Celina, they have been coached up by alot of people that know the game of football and continued to grind, taken the bad with the good and it has paid off. It’s all been working towards this one 48 minute game where anything can happen. The last 2 years they have been a top 10 team, top 5 all of this year in my opinion. 

They will fall off some after this year maybe even more than I anticipate, because of losing 9 major contributors and my guess is have a new look coaching staff. 

I see what you did there with the Jimmys and Joes comment. Also I believe Marcom has broken both the single season rushing yards and single season rushing TDs records for Clay County this year, quite an accomplishment

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Clay County had some good athletes last year when they played SP. Those good athletes are back this season for their farewell performance. 

McKenzie had some great athletes last season when they played SP. Those great athletes are back this season for their farewell performance. 

The biggest difference here is good and great.