PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

On 11/26/2022 at 8:04 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

According to the Henry County and Springfield posters, their game was the actual State Championship game and the Mount Juliet poster who took three weeks to move beyond their loss?!?!

On another note, I believe I brought in a new fan to the Page fandom!

You mean the guy who claimed they were the better team IF they could have gotten the ball back for one more series?  

Honestly, I have a feeling this may be like last years title game. However, we were just excited to be there last year but this year, we feel as though we belong. 
Saying that, a lot depends upon the weather and breaks. If we can force a couple of turnovers and capitalize, I think we stand a decent to good chance this year. I don’t know much about West but do know they must be very good to make it this far!

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Hats off to Page. From being a "playoff-bound and not much else" 4A team to a repeat 5A title game participant.  Real real progress. 

West takes it tho. What a record season. They beat Maryville, Alcoa and defending champ Powell in just over 8 weeks. Unheard of. Immortal.  

West also beat the other two top two playoff teams in region 2 6A Bearden and Farragut in addition to Maryville, that would have made West the region 2 6A champs.   They would very likely be playing Oakland Sat. night if they were in 6A, might just give Oakland a better game than what they will get on Sat. in 6A ship.

Edited by oridgecat