PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

By all the posts I hope page comes out hot and ready and shocks the world

All off a week one 3 hour away game for beech. 
maybe next year we find that out but we are talking now. 
beech I’m sure would rather have West. Than have Oakland. 
West hasn’t lost. Doesn’t me they can’t be beat. Oakland had a loss on a flat game with players out. 

favorites are West and Oakland

but it’s one game. 48 minutes. Big time players. Making big time plays. In. Big. Time. Games. 

Rule no man out. 

cant wait for next weekend. Hope the teams all have safe games. But let’s talk now not 3 months ago

Nooga gonna Have amazing games for three days. Excited to watch!

Edited by BarnBurner09

First of all, I want West to win, represent our region, as well as East TN...and while I don't know their coach, he seems like a good guy. Now...I must say i was underwhelmed by what I saw of West vs Powell. Powell outplayed West all night long except for two plays...the 99 yard pick six and the punt return. West may have peaked a bit early, as we all know they beat Alcoa and Maryville. The West QB is no threat at all and while he might be a very good game manager, the defense won't have to really account for him. I know nothing about Page, but if they're a real good team, I expect them to win, unless West plays a lot better than they did against Powell.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, catswild said:

First of all, I want West to win, represent our region, as well as East TN...and while I don't know their coach, he seems like a good guy. Now...I must say i was underwhelmed by what I saw of West vs Powell. Powell outplayed West all night long except for two plays...the 99 yard pick six and the punt return. West may have peaked a bit early, as we all know they beat Alcoa and Maryville. The West QB is no threat at all and while he might be a very good game manager, the defense won't have to really account for him. I know nothing about Page, but if they're a real good team, I expect them to win, unless West plays a lot better than they did against Powell.

Shocked not to see OR here with all the skill talent they had. Then I watched them. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

Shocked not to see OR here with all the skill talent they had. Then I watched them. 

OR under performed. What team had talent in numbers like OR did? I can't think of anyone that I saw in person or on TV. OR had #1,#3, #7, #13, #17, #22,...and they could all fly and all are GREAT athletes. They also had #33...who is a GREAT linebacker. They also had two very tall and athletic outside linebackers in #19 and #20, and a kicker/punter #54 who was very good at both. The OL was fair and the DL was good. They were athletic in the secondary...What part of my post is wrong?

5 minutes ago, catswild said:

OR under performed. What team had talent in numbers like OR did? I can't think of anyone that I saw in person or on TV. OR had #1,#3, #7, #13, #17, #22,...and they could all fly and all are GREAT athletes. They also had #33...who is a GREAT linebacker. They also had two very tall and athletic outside linebackers in #19 and #20, and a kicker/punter #54 who was very good at both. The OL was fair and the DL was good. They were athletic in the secondary...What part of my post is wrong?

OR got outplayed often! In a few games those numbers listed weren’t even the best players on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

OR got outplayed often! In a few games those numbers listed weren’t even the best players on the field. 

We agree...I just think OR had more "good players and talented athletes" than most teams we played. Our deficiencies were in the area of linemen, but I thought we improved there...but not enough.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I'm not convinced you're totally right. West had two dominant drives at important times (one to win the game).  Scoring on Punt return and interception eliminated offensive possessions or West would have had more offense.  Lastly, I'm just thinking about starting field position for each drive, and I'm pretty sure that Powell often started inside the twenty or at the twenty and west started at the 35 or 40 when they did recieve (usually).  When I look at those stats, I find myself thinking they're not great representation.  

As for the QB,  I don't think he missed a pass and he had an important passing TD.  5 star says he has close to 1500 yards and 15 TDs or so if i recall correctly.  

What I saw this last game was West trying to limit Powell's possessions.  Why pass when you're doing that.  Maybe I'm wrong though

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Take your Maroon tented glasses off for a second.  I saw Oak Ridge play against Greeneville and your OL and DL were not good.  I also saw our H-Back pancake #33 multiple times on run plays up the middle, good high school linebacker but not GREAT. If it wasn't for a long run in the 4th by Hundley against backups you all would have barely had over a 100 yards of total offense.   The part about the OL and DL is wrong along with #33 being a GREAT Linebacker.  Your skill players are the only thing that your correct about

53 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Take your Maroon tented glasses off for a second.  I saw Oak Ridge play against Greeneville and your OL and DL were not good.  I also saw our H-Back pancake #33 multiple times on run plays up the middle, good high school linebacker but not GREAT. If it wasn't for a long run in the 4th by Hundley against backups you all would have barely had over a 100 yards of total offense.   The part about the OL and DL is wrong along with #33 being a GREAT Linebacker.  Your skill players are the only thing that your correct about

The DL was pretty good against poor to average teams, but not good against quality teams.  The OL is just bad, no way to sugar coat it.   Both units were dominated by Greeneville for sure.  And agreed, your blocking back was a stud.  33 didn't get  pancaked very often in his 4 yrs starting for us.  Great kid, great teammate and leader.  He will be missed., but wrong thread to talk OR.  We should keep this thread on the 5A title game.  

Edited by oridgecat

Booger thinkin the Friday night contest will for sure see only one team crossin the goal line at a minimum 4.5 times.....thats the only team with a perfect record and more power 5 players.....Booger eyeballed Page in the Gold Ball contest last year and that was a very good team that didnt lose a ton of players that have come back for a repeat attempt....but the Patriots will not succeed with only 2 to 3 scores on the board...

....the Gold Ball goes to another Knoxville 5A school in 2022

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Booger said:

Booger thinkin the Friday night contest will for sure see only one team crossin the goal line at a minimum 4.5 times.....thats the only team with a perfect record and more power 5 players.....Booger eyeballed Page in the Gold Ball contest last year and that was a very good team that didnt lose a ton of players that have come back for a repeat attempt....but the Patriots will not succeed with only 2 to 3 scores on the board...

....the Gold Ball goes to another Knoxville 5A school in 2022

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

Sounds good to me.  Booger just sayin'