PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

10 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Listened to Coach Rathbone on the Main Street Preps podcast last night. Not sure he thinks his team is the underdog. Basically said the OL at West isn’t very good and he feels like they will be able to “overwhelm” West. Based on the film he is just not sure West is very good at all. Can’t really tell. Alluded that Henry County is better. Should be a fun one on Friday night. Good luck to both squads! I’ll take Page by a trickle or two based on the evaluation of Rathbone.

That’s fair. Thanks for sharing cause that’s interesting to note. Glad they’re feeling confident. They have earned the right to feel that way, in my opinion. 

My main reason for saying what I did, is that I would be going into the game feeling like an underdog with something to prove just going off the belief that no one outside our circle thinks we can win so let’s go show them. As far as I can tell, most outside folks are picking West to beat Page, so the outside perception is just that Page is the under dog in this one.

1 hour ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

That’s fair. Thanks for sharing cause that’s interesting to note. Glad they’re feeling confident. They have earned the right to feel that way, in my opinion. 

My main reason for saying what I did, is that I would be going into the game feeling like an underdog with something to prove just going off the belief that no one outside our circle thinks we can win so let’s go show them. As far as I can tell, most outside folks are picking West to beat Page, so the outside perception is just that Page is the under dog in this one.

Honestly as a West fan in games like this - I always feel like the underdog. We could win tomorrow and someone would find a way to spin it that we still suck and if we lose "west choked again." 

I think posters from the east have picked West while teams from the middle and west of the state are picking Page.

Fact is both teams have a chip on their shoulder and a lot to prove tomorrow night. Best of luck.

Go Rebels!

Edited by WestHigh4Life
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Honestly as a West fan in games like this - I always feel like the underdog. We could win tomorrow and someone would find a way to spin it that we still suck and if we lose "west choked again." 

I think posters from the east have picked West while teams from the middle and west of the state are picking Page.

Fact is both teams have a chip on their shoulder and a lot to prove tomorrow night. Best of luck.

Go Rebels!

That is very well stated and based on the time I spend on this forum, I’d agree.

If I was West fan I’d be doing same thing I’m doing as a Page fan probably. 

It is definitely going to be a great game and it is a great opportunity for both teams equally. Go Patriots! 

• Like 1