PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

Just now, howdoitknow said:

West went 15-0.

The beat Maryville.

They beat Alcoa.

They beat Powell & Page.

They have very quietly had one of the most impressive seasons in TSSAA History.  Congratulations to on a State Championship!

correct, I agree.  West has been dominate. I think their passing game caught Page by surprise.  West D will pin their ears back now and smother Page’s QB

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

West went 15-0.

The beat Maryville.

They beat Alcoa.

They beat Powell & Page.

They have very quietly had one of the most impressive seasons in TSSAA History.  Congratulations to on a State Championship!

Agree. They did it without all the cheating Alcoa has done as well. They also did it in. 5A, rather than 2A or 3A. They did it without being a private school beating on small public schools like it used to be before DII.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

West went 15-0.

The beat Maryville.

They beat Alcoa.

They beat Powell & Page.

Congrats West.Lets go with one of most impressive seasons in 5a since they went to 6 classes.West HC is a really likeable guy so happy for him

• Like 1

What an impressive body of work for West High this year. 15-0 against that schedule. Happy for Coach Brown. Truly one of the good guys in the game. Also to the rest of his staff. 

That defense was dominant all year. If I’m an athletic director in East Tn I’d start kicking the tires on Barron Chandler, the DC. Guy doesn’t get his name out there much because he just goes to work everyday. But year in, year out… his defenses are top notch. 

• Like 1