PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Congrats to the Knox West Rebels. They clobbered a really good football team tonight. They were easily the class of 5A this year and I honestly wish I could see them face Oakland or Beech. 

I second that, would be very interesting to see how they would match up with either of those teams!

Hard to believe it was like yesterday going over to West and you could hand count all the fans setting in the stands on their side of the field. Cummings helped bring this program out of the grave yard and Coach Brown has taken it to another level. I can see kids wanting to be a part of this program from just what I see from the outside. West could become the new Maryville if they keep this coaching staff intact. Again congratulations on a great season and also any West fans know anything on Lamar Browns background where he is from and been in his coaching tenure, the man has done well 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

West went 15-0.

The beat Maryville.

They beat Alcoa.

They beat Powell & Page.

They have very quietly had one of the most impressive seasons in TSSAA History.  Congratulations to on a State Championship!

West will keep Alcoa and Maryville on the schedule. This helps all teams get better and better playing the best competition you can schedule.

11 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Agree. They did it without all the cheating Alcoa has done as well. They also did it in. 5A, rather than 2A or 3A. They did it without being a private school beating on small public schools like it used to be before DII.

If West and Alcoa swapped places, Alcoa would've won 5A this year.  Just saying

10 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Congrats to the Knox West Rebels. They clobbered a really good football team tonight. They were easily the class of 5A this year and I honestly wish I could see them face Oakland or Beech. 

Farragut beat Beech, and West dominated Farragut.  I know it doesn't always translate, but I think West would've handled Beech this year

On 11/29/2022 at 7:44 AM, catswild said:

First of all, I want West to win, represent our region, as well as East TN...and while I don't know their coach, he seems like a good guy. Now...I must say i was underwhelmed by what I saw of West vs Powell. Powell outplayed West all night long except for two plays...the 99 yard pick six and the punt return. West may have peaked a bit early, as we all know they beat Alcoa and Maryville. The West QB is no threat at all and while he might be a very good game manager, the defense won't have to really account for him. I know nothing about Page, but if they're a real good team, I expect them to win, unless West plays a lot better than they did against Powell.

I am going to give you the MVP award for “Posts that didn’t age well”.

Because that no threat game manager took home the championship game MVP hardware for the peaked early underwhelming mercy clock running 15-0 5A West High Running Rebels.  

• Like 1