PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

15 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

Why would a 3A school move up to 5A?  Has any school ever done that?  But most intelligent people realize that Alcoa would be in contention for winning state in every public classification every year.  West beat Alcoa by 3 points this year, and then had a running clock on almost everyone else in the playoffs.  Ask the West fans if Alcoa would've won state this year in West's place.  Sorry, but your feelings don't really count

A team can only move up or down 1 classification.  Why would they not play 4A?  They don't wanna have to compete with Carter, Greeneville, Elizabethton, Anderson County?  I don't get it.  If they play Murvil and Blackmon etc. why would they not move up to 4A and challenge themselves a little bit?  Nobody even cares about Alcoa football except the players and their parents.  It's just blow out after blow out of sorry 3A teams, even in the state championship.  Boring. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

Why would a 3A school move up to 5A?  Has any school ever done that?  But most intelligent people realize that Alcoa would be in contention for winning state in every public classification every year.  West beat Alcoa by 3 points this year, and then had a running clock on almost everyone else in the playoffs.  Ask the West fans if Alcoa would've won state this year in West's place.  Sorry, but your feelings don't really count

You do quite a bit of insulting people's intelligence when someone doesn't agree.  Go ahead and go back to your Fantasy world and Imagine they won it all.  heck, Imagane they beat LA too, and Dilfur quit to become the new Alcoa coach.  Golesh wants to be the OC...  Imagine whatever you want since you ain't living in reality. 

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

A team can only move up or down 1 classification.  Why would they not play 4A?  They don't wanna have to compete with Carter, Greeneville, Elizabethton, Anderson County?  I don't get it.  If they play Murvil and Blackmon etc. why would they not move up to 4A and challenge themselves a little bit?  Nobody even cares about Alcoa football except the players and their parents.  It's just blow out after blow out of sorry 3A teams, even in the state championship.  Boring. 

I mean, Alcoa has a hard time finding team to play them. They had to travel to 6A Cookeville and 5A Rhea County.  In addition. To playing 6A Maryville and 5A Knox West.  They also beat a really good 2A Tyner team that won state.  Elizabethton used to be 3A but moved up to 4A.  Alcoa shouldn't have to move up, but they're willing to play anyone.  Blackman, great out of state KY teams, etc.  Week in and week out in 4A would lead to the same number of blowouts they already have on their schedule

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

You do quite a bit of insulting people's intelligence when someone doesn't agree.  Go ahead and go back to your Fantasy world and Imagine they won it all.  heck, Imagane they beat LA too, and Dilfur quit to become the new Alcoa coach.  Golesh wants to be the OC...  Imagine whatever you want since you ain't living in reality. 

My apologies.  I wasn't trying to insult anyone.  LA would've beaten Alcoa this year for sure

On 12/3/2022 at 10:43 AM, FBKarma said:

I am going to give you the MVP award for “Posts that didn’t age well”.

Because that no threat game manager took home the championship game MVP hardware for the peaked early underwhelming mercy clock running 15-0 5A West High Running Rebels.  

Kittenwild’s feelings have been hurt all year. The great OR has the best everything in his eyes and everyone knows that is just not true. Average team at best.

Really thought the West would represent in 5A this year. Boy was I wrong. The SC game was probably played the week before in Powell. All that talk about Springfield, Mount Juliet, and  The Great Henry County ended up being just that. West and Powell would have dominated any of these schools out West. 

Congrats to West. Amazing season! 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Oak Ridge will need to find a bunch of lineman for that to happen.  Powell should be strong and don't count out West, they've got plenty of dudes ready to plug in.  

Isn’t it time for Willie or kittenwild to start a 2023 OR thread? Can’t wait to hear how great they are going to be. Greatest of everything should be unleashed next year!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

Isn’t it time for Willie or kittenwild to start a 2023 OR thread? Can’t wait to hear how great they are going to be. Greatest of everything should be unleashed next year!

Don't encourage them dude. Not all of us share those opinions.  We do have the greatest trolls though.  And haters, no question about that.  

22 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Everyone?

The posters were saying that Page brings back everyone and should be there a 3rd straight year in Chattanooga come next fall...I was curious if they were at all worried about Beech being in there way, since they're dropping down from 6A.

Also, I like West to be in the mix, but Powell brings back their offensive and defensive lines and to win state you have to be great in the trenches. West should be solid on the defensive side, but they do lose 4 starters on the Oline.