PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

23 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

The posters were saying that Page brings back everyone and should be there a 3rd straight year in Chattanooga come next fall...I was curious if they were at all worried about Beech being in there way, since they're dropping down from 6A.

Also, I like West to be in the mix, but Powell brings back their offensive and defensive lines and to win state you have to be great in the trenches. West should be solid on the defensive side, but they do lose 4 starters on the Oline.

does page really bring back everyone though?  I can't find an accurate roster.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, JacketLover said:

I have no dog in the hunt, but here’s my two cents because that’s all it’s worth :D

I watched the West-Powell game, and granted, it’s the only game I have watched them play all year. I also watched the Page at Henry County game and the first Page-Nolensville game. I think if West plays how they did in the semis against Powell, Page will give them all they want and then some if they are on their game. I feel this game along with the 4A game may be the two best games in Chattanooga this weekend. 

This makes me chuckle when I read it…. How about you give Powell some credit for how West played. They were the two best teams in 5A by a leaps and bounds. It isn’t even close. Not a single team out West could have played with either.  You fellas out there had yourselves believing you could though. Y’all had me believing you could! Never have I been more wrong! The 1st quarter was the only thing interesting about this game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

This makes me chuckle when I read it…. How about you give Powell some credit for how West played. They were the two best teams in 5A by a leaps and bounds. It isn’t even close. Not a single team out West could have played with either.  You fellas out there had yourselves believing you could though. Y’all had me believing you could! Never have I been more wrong! The 1st quarter was the only thing interesting about this game.

This is as true a statement as there is. Looking back at that Powell-West game, that game really was a war out there between both schools. I think Powell probably beats Page by a similar score as West did. No disrespect to those schools out west because next year might be a different story, but for the last few seasons East Tennessee has been the victor in the 5A game minus the Oak Ridge-Summitt game in 2020. Will that trend change as teams move up or down is the story.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...