6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Bump we love ya but that was all class. It was to take a knee and salute the seniors. 
see ya next year can’t wait to banter with you in 5A 

congrats Oakland. Reload. Do it again. 

i didn’t see any sort of ovation or anything that showed it was for the seniors. i was also over it all at that point so who knows. 

9 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

JRB idk who in 6A woulda matched up. 5A west maybe keeps it within 2 scores. 
4a no shot vs that team. 
alcoa loses by 10+
maybe Baylor they were big  

LA could be close who knows  

but it’s Tennessee  no John Bosco  no Mater Dei 

Maybe someone can get on the Oakland level in 6A next year. Hard to do

I am not saying anyone in 6A matches up or wins however I felt other teams competed better than Beech.  Of the several Oakland games I watched this year, Oakland had a very good defense that was “bend don’t break”.  Tonight there was no bend because, as someone mentioned, they “out physical-ed” Beech.  

Edited by JRB

1 minute ago, Bump11 said:

i didn’t see any sort of ovation or anything that showed it was for the seniors. i was also over it all at that point so who knows. 

I know that feeling. Trust me. 0 gold balls for Hendersonville. It’s an open wound. Salt pours in each year. 

can’t wait to chat next season. 
idk what team you root for but imagine it’s beech. 

Eers. heck of a season to beech. Next year we all go 5A. 
y’all got there. Congrats. 
TheCommissioner. We share a region next year 

I think it’s at Springfield. 
Can’t wait!

gonna be a wild region 7-5A time 

2 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

I hate that things snowballed on Beech the way they did, they played a great first half. 

Regardless of the reason the timeout was called, Oakland is not a classless program. Creasy is as classy as it gets

i’ll have to take y’all’s word for it. However i was far from the only one who took it that way. an ovation for the seniors is one thing. but like i said it didn’t happen. doesn’t matter either way. like i said, hats off to oakland. the dynasty continues. only team in tennessee that can beat them at this point in the season is Lipscomb. and i’m not sure that changes anytime soon

1 minute ago, Bump11 said:

i’ll have to take y’all’s word for it. However i was far from the only one who took it that way. an ovation for the seniors is one thing. but like i said it didn’t happen. doesn’t matter either way. like i said, hats off to oakland. the dynasty continues. only team in tennessee that can beat them at this point in the season is Lipscomb. and i’m not sure that changes anytime soon

Congrats to Beech on a great season as well

1 minute ago, BarnBurner09 said:

I know that feeling. Trust me. 0 gold balls for Hendersonville. It’s an open wound. Salt pours in each year. 

can’t wait to chat next season. 
idk what team you root for but imagine it’s beech. 

Eers. heck of a season to beech. Next year we all go 5A. 
y’all got there. Congrats. 
TheCommissioner. We share a region next year 

I think it’s at Springfield. 
Can’t wait!

gonna be a wild region 7-5A time 

I actually graduated from HHS. My senior year was the 28-7 loss to a columbia in the title game. I went to Beech schools every other year though and transferred my senior year because we moved and i didn’t have a car. it was brutal.