6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

Just now, Bump11 said:

I actually graduated from HHS. My senior year was the 28-7 loss to a columbia in the title game. I went to Beech schools every other year though and transferred my senior year because we moved and i didn’t have a car. it was brutal. 

Bump11 it’s alllll good. I know the feeling trust me. 

it’s over now. We get to see some epic 5A ball next year 

2 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Congrats to Beech on a great season as well

those boys fought and clawed their way to this game. Had they gotten in the end zone on that second half opening drive i think it’s a different game. but that stop and then the big run on the next play just absolutely sucked every ounce of life out of them. i hate it for those seniors. worked their tails off all year to get them there just to have it all implode. 

Just now, Bump11 said:

those boys fought and clawed their way to this game. Had they gotten in the end zone on that second half opening drive i think it’s a different game. but that stop and then the big run on the next play just absolutely sucked every ounce of life out of them. i hate it for those seniors. worked their tails off all year to get them there just to have it all implode. 

I hated to see it unfold that way. It’s the nature of the game unfortunately. Those 2 plays completely took the life out of them, you hit the nail on the head 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bump11 said:

It’s hard to swallow but I don’t see any way oakland wasn’t gonna win. Beech never stopped them. Oakland just has more talent and will have more talent going forward. 
beech had a good season and they all should be happy they made state. Silver balls are tough to swallow but Oakland just has the team

2 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Not surprised at all that Oakland won, but I am a bit surprised by the score. Was thinking maybe 28-10, not a mercy rule. They really are just on a whole different level. 

Still think a game between them and Knox West would be interesting. 

Racer, IMO the final score was very misleading. You're a questionable 4th down spot from having a VERY different game and totally different score. If Beech gets the first down at the Oakland 4 AND scores, the game trajectory is totally different. Beech didnt play a bad game, BUT the last 9 minutes or so of the 3rd qtr were HORRENDOUS for them. I know you play 48 minutes and not 41, but I honestly believe those 9 minutes would've been totally different had they converted on 4th down. And no, I dont wear Shackle Island googles.

1 minute ago, FargoStrut said:

Racer, IMO the final score was very misleading. You're a questionable 4th down spot from having a VERY different game and totally different score. If Beech gets the first down at the Oakland 4 AND scores, the game trajectory is totally different. Beech didnt play a bad game, BUT the last 9 minutes or so of the 3rd qtr were HORRENDOUS for them. I know you play 48 minutes and not 41, but I honestly believe those 9 minutes would've been totally different had they converted on 4th down. And no, I dont wear Shackle Island googles.

It was tough. But let’s say it was 14-14 there. Oakland still showed they were better. That makes it a closer game but it was always Oakland. Even if it finished 24-21

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

It was tough. But let’s say it was 14-14 there. Oakland still showed they were better. That makes it a closer game but it was always Oakland. Even if it finished 24-21

Yeah, NO DOUBT Oakland was the better team today and this season. I believe Oakland would have still won had Beech scored and got a 2pt conversion to make it 14-14. They've been the best public team in the state for the last few yrs and that's not up for debate.  Just saying that I think the score would be ALOT closer had Beech scored, and we wouldnt have seen a running clock.

12 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Blackman played them closer than anyone in the playoffs, it was 28 - 23 going into the 4th. Oakland capitalized on mistakes and their physical line eventually wore the Blaze down. Final was 48 - 23.