6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

lmao a team who was wrecked a month ago by 6 loss CPA…which is a lot sooner than the farragut game i might add…the same CPA team who just so happened to get beaten by a Cane Ridge team that Beech slaughtered a couple of weeks ago…they should be the scary ones…?

Oakland is favored as they should be..but trying to say that Beech has no chance because of a loss to Farragut is asinine. 

I said what I said, sue me...

7 hours ago, Bump11 said:

lmao a team who was wrecked a month ago by 6 loss CPA…which is a lot sooner than the farragut game i might add…the same CPA team who just so happened to get beaten by a Cane Ridge team that Beech slaughtered a couple of weeks ago…they should be the scary ones…?

Oakland is favored as they should be..but trying to say that Beech has no chance because of a loss to Farragut is asinine. 

Maybe he is just butt hurt because the truth would be Farragut is not a contender. Just got lucky the 1st game. 

It's always dangerous to compare games when trying to make a point comparing upcoming match ups. The two things I see that make a difference is the level of competition for Beech has maybe not been quite a challenging.  the other thing is, even if everything else was equal, competition, coaching, talent.... Oakland has scored 13.64 pts  more per game.  I look at the Summit game for example Beech score 22 points against a very sketchy defense IN what should have been a blowout. I also look at that Smyrna  game and say if they were back in this region they would have been  a 3 maybe 4 seed, and they gave Beech all they wanted. I don't think they have played anyone yet that will challenge in the trenches like Oakland is going to. I just think Oakland spreads the ball to so many players, and they won't like Hewitts power. I am picking Oakland by 17 pts

Ok all the talk about each teams loss is super old already.  I could care less.   Now, it appears the 2 best teams qualified and should be a competitive game.  I give the edge to Oakland because of big game experience.  Its the 3rd trip in a row for the seniors and know what to expect.  Hoping for a good clean game by both.  Go Patriots!!

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

It's always dangerous to compare games when trying to make a point comparing upcoming match ups. The two things I see that make a difference is the level of competition for Beech has maybe not been quite a challenging.  the other thing is, even if everything else was equal, competition, coaching, talent.... Oakland has scored 13.64 pts  more per game.  I look at the Summit game for example Beech score 22 points against a very sketchy defense IN what should have been a blowout. I also look at that Smyrna  game and say if they were back in this region they would have been  a 3 maybe 4 seed, and they gave Beech all they wanted. I don't think they have played anyone yet that will challenge in the trenches like Oakland is going to. I just think Oakland spreads the ball to so many players, and they won't like Hewitts power. I am picking Oakland by 17 pts

That’s also the dangerous part of just looking at scores. That Smyrna game was complete domination for over 3 quarters. Bad call, a fumble in the next play, a botched kick return (Beech backup QB made a pretty solid tackle on his own teammate)… gave Smyrna a couple scores and took one off the board for Beech. The last Smyrna score came with 1 second left. Couldnhave easily been 31 or 38 to 7. THAT and the 3rd quarter at Bartlett is why I have said Beech has to play a complete game. Can have any let up and can’t be complacent. 

54 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

That's not an easy trip to make in the regular season. Can't say I'd blame them if they found a closer option 

Beech may have to go out of state to find opponents next year. No Wilson county school will play them. One RuCo team has committed, another committed then reneged. Gallatin won’t play them. Hats off to Station Camp for committing to a home and home. Now would be the time to schedule them as they should be “down” next year. Only returning about 4 starters. 

31 minutes ago, tandem said:

Beech may have to go out of state to find opponents next year. No Wilson county school will play them. One RuCo team has committed, another committed then reneged. Gallatin won’t play them. Hats off to Station Camp for committing to a home and home. Now would be the time to schedule them as they should be “down” next year. Only returning about 4 starters. 

Its frustrating not being able to put together a schedule quickly. Last couple of years, Oakland didnt get a 10th game until well into the summer. Once your perceived to be a traditional power like Beech is, the number of teams willing to play you reduces drastically. I'd be lying if I wasn't a little annoyed that Warren Co appealed to play in the next region over, costing Oakland a game on their schedule (knowing full well they won't make the playoffs in that region either)

9 hours ago, eers said:

That’s also the dangerous part of just looking at scores. That Smyrna game was complete domination for over 3 quarters. Bad call, a fumble in the next play, a botched kick return (Beech backup QB made a pretty solid tackle on his own teammate)… gave Smyrna a couple scores and took one off the board for Beech. The last Smyrna score came with 1 second left. Couldnhave easily been 31 or 38 to 7. THAT and the 3rd quarter at Bartlett is why I have said Beech has to play a complete game. Can have any let up and can’t be complacent. 

Thats why I tried to look at total points scored. Oakland is averaging a whole lot more offense than Beech as a team all year long. I also looked at the Summit game and scratched my head based on the lack of offense they showed against them.  Summit's defense was not very good and to come away with 3 scores makes one wonder. 

Beech has a three headed monster on O - all three Seniors, two have over 1,000 on the ground, the other has right at 1,000 between rush / receiving. These three go both ways + the senior MLB, creates a formidable D.

I won't waste your time giving another synopsis of Oakland - in a nutshell: size, speed, athletic, can come at you from anywhere. Last two game: They ran outside on Maryville, they ran inside on Blackman, they did not complete a pass against Maryville (don't let that fool you), they threw enough to get what they needed against Blackman.

Beech keeps it close until midway through the 3rd

Beech 21      Oakland 38