All the marbles...Anderson County vs Pearl Cohn

Vandychris

If pearl is scoring quick and going for 2. Anderson Co won't know what hit them. Unless you have a awesome running game like Haywood had. Anderson Co probably won't do much. Pearl Cohn pass defense is very good, their safeties play passing lanes very well.

Pearl's only problem is they play horrible special teams.

Edited by TtownReject

AC has a good running game with 2 powerful backs that run down hill.  One of them has rushed for over 1k yards this year.  A pretty good line that opens lanes and can pass protect well. 

3 good receivers with one of them being really good. He high points the ball and uses his body.  He's 6'3" and will def play at the next level.  QB has been pretty smart with the ball and sees the field.  He's passed for 3700 yards and 51 tds prior to the game tonight. He's completing 70% of his passes. 

Defense is solid for the most part. Linemen stay in lanes and linebackers tackle down hill.  #34 will hit you,  he's a ball player.  A couple good dbs that will pop you. 

Qbs that can extend plays have sometimes been a problem for AC but that's probably true for all high school teams.  

Special teams are good, probably above average overall. 

I think it'll be a good game between two teams that know how to score and have faced adversity.  PC showed they can play from behind tonight.  AC has had several games where they had to answer the other team or overcome mistakes.  I think they had 5 or 6 turnovers against Rhea county but fought through it. I've doubted them at times but they've shown they are very resilient.  

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Best wishes to the Mavericks from your neighbors in Oak Ridge. I’m pulling for y’all. A huge accomplishment just to get to this game. I’m happy for you, MIF.

Thanks Sweet! I think we have what it takes. Lot of drop pass and throws tonight. Turnovers and yet we pulled through. Very muddy conditions something we are not use to. I think we use our weapons play smart like we did most of year and use our new defense coach strategy we should rock and roll.

• Like 1