All the marbles...Anderson County vs Pearl Cohn

Vandychris

37 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

You mean the Tomcat team that threw for under 200yds, 1TD and 1int on the season? Man, that ain’t awesome. That’s a one dimensional team. And I didn’t see any defense in that semifinal game from either side. I’ll call it now. AC is a more complete team. That can play defense. Defense wins championships. The offensive side just happens to be good too. AC gets their first Title on Saturday. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But that’s how I’m viewing it.

The difference is can AC handle the speed of Pearl Cohn. AC isn't a fast football team. If Pearl Cohn gets out in the open then it's a Touchdown. 

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

You mean the Tomcat team that threw for under 200yds, 1TD and 1int on the season? Man, that ain’t awesome. That’s a one dimensional team. And I didn’t see any defense in that semifinal game from either side. I’ll call it now. AC is a more complete team. That can play defense. Defense wins championships. The offensive side just happens to be good too. AC gets their first Title on Saturday. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But that’s how I’m viewing it.

We’ll see Saturday!!

Our QB threw for 1900 yards 25 tds to 2 ints and over 3000 yards rushing as a team this year lol… 

Your stats on the passing for Haywood is WAY off. I promise they threw for much more than 200yds on the season. You may want to re-examine that. 

Pearl Cohn to bring home the Gold for first time in over 20 years. They will have too much for AC. AC has had a great season but I think the feel good story ends this weekend. Red Bank had some cats but not the caliber AC will see at Finley. Can AC contain Pearl Cohns speed on defense? That’s biggest question. I think this will be one of the best games at Finley to watch. I’m just keeping it real

51 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Our QB threw for 1900 yards 25 tds to 2 ints and over 3000 yards rushing as a team this year lol… 

And couldn’t stop a team that 99% runs the ball all the time? Everyone talked about the speed out west, and how Springfield and Heywood were so fast in 2019 and 2020. I personally watched Elizabethton curb stomp them by smothering them on defense and, I admit I was even stunned by this, show more speed than either team. Now, PC IS a well balanced team. But, I just haven’t seen the defense that can stop AC. 
Saturday will be an interesting game for sure. Both teams deserve to be there. But only one will walk away with the Title. And as we all know, anything can happen. That’s why we all are on here. Because we all LOVE our high school football.

46 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Your stats on the passing for Haywood is WAY off. I promise they threw for much more than 200yds on the season. You may want to re-examine that. 

I went off of unapproved website. And there's always a chance those are inaccurate. But, I stand by my prediction. Based on the lack of defense shown by PC (or either team really) in that semifinal game. 

The Mavericks should do what they have did all year, play Rock solid 4 plus quarters, play every play. Execute with precision and methodically play smart and remember this is what it's all about. Mavs got here for a reason. Solid defense well executed plays at the right time. Mavs have players all over this field. It's the offense and defensive lines that make the Mavericks great and all the rest just fall into place; playing as a unit and a Team. Mavs will be fine!

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

The difference is can AC handle the speed of Pearl Cohn. AC isn't a fast football team. If Pearl Cohn gets out in the open then it's a Touchdown. 

When they get on the field, you’ll be surprised by their speed. All the Springfield and Haywood people were saying the same thing in 19 and 20 about Elizabethton. Speed was not an issue. Cyclones had plenty to spare. HERE is the real issue. Line of scrimmage. Which team can control it? The one that does can take the win. Skill positions are fun to watch, offenses are exciting, but defense and line play can be the deciding factor. I know I’ll be watching Saturday for sure. PC got away from Alcoa (rightly so too). Now, it’s their biggest opportunity. But, same can be said for AC getting by Betsy and the Greene Devils. I speculate it’s going to be a great game.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I went off of unapproved website. And there's always a chance those are inaccurate. But, I stand by my prediction. Based on the lack of defense shown by PC (or either team really) in that semifinal game. 

So you’re basing your prediction off our semifinal game? That offense was tough, that no huddle Haywood runs is difficult to stop. So is AC offense better than Haywood?