All the marbles...Anderson County vs Pearl Cohn

Vandychris

10 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

When they get on the field, you’ll be surprised by their speed. All the Springfield and Haywood people were saying the same thing in 19 and 20 about Elizabethton. Speed was not an issue. Cyclones had plenty to spare. HERE is the real issue. Line of scrimmage. Which team can control it? The one that does can take the win. Skill positions are fun to watch, offenses are exciting, but defense and line play can be the deciding factor. I know I’ll be watching Saturday for sure. PC got away from Alcoa (rightly so too). Now, it’s their biggest opportunity. But, same can be said for AC getting by Betsy and the Greene Devils. I speculate it’s going to be a great game.

People have to stop saying PC got away from Alcoa. That year that PC, Milan and South Gibson move up, everyone including Alcoa fans thought they were also! 

49 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

And couldn’t stop a team that 99% runs the ball all the time? Everyone talked about the speed out west, and how Springfield and Heywood were so fast in 2019 and 2020. I personally watched Elizabethton curb stomp them by smothering them on defense and, I admit I was even stunned by this, show more speed than either team. Now, PC IS a well balanced team. But, I just haven’t seen the defense that can stop AC. 
Saturday will be an interesting game for sure. Both teams deserve to be there. But only one will walk away with the Title. And as we all know, anything can happen. That’s why we all are on here. Because we all LOVE our high school football.

You’re all over the place dude, this years haywood team was by far better than the 2020 squad.. we had 3 turnovers offensively all year. A key injury hurt us and a few things didn’t go our way. The realist PC know exactly what I’m referring to as well, but hey we got beat. It’s a reason you play the game n not talk about it

13 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

So you’re basing your prediction off our semifinal game? That offense was tough, that no huddle Haywood runs is difficult to stop. So is AC offense better than Haywood?

If they come and play like that have all season (beside the horrible first half last week against RB).  I believe they are, they have put up balanced numbers all year and QB has thrown for almost 4,000 Yards on the year and up for Mr. Football.  I believe AC also has faced a tougher schedule to put up those numbers than Haywood did too.

Everyone keeps talking about Speed and everyone knows PC has it but it’s not like AC hasn’t faced teams with Speed this year (Powell, Science Hill, Fulton, Greeneville, Elizabethton, and Redbank all had speed) and have some of their own.  What AC does well is Swarm towards the Ball and can read the line really well to tell where the ball is going.  They have a MLB that is committed to Navy and are pretty big across the board.

Just now, Swipes said:

If they come and play like that have all season (beside the horrible first half last week against RB).  I believe they are, they have put up balanced numbers all year and QB has thrown for almost 4,000 Yards on the year and up for Mr. Football.  I believe AC also has faced a tougher schedule to put up those numbers than Haywood did too.

Everyone keeps talking about Speed and everyone knows PC has it but it’s not like AC hasn’t faced teams with Speed this year (Powell, Science Hill, Fulton, Greeneville, Elizabethton, and Redbank all had speed) and have some of their own.  What AC does well is Swarm towards the Ball and can read the line really well to tell where the ball is going.  They have a MLB that is committed to Navy and are pretty big across the board.

True AC Defense is like stirring a hornet nest. 3 layers if 1st doesn't get you 2nd or 3rd has you. Contain speed in the sweep corners and short pass. The middle as well.

1 minute ago, EastNasty said:

What I seen from haywood Online ain’t to many people running tempo that fast

Them are facts!

12 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Pearl had trouble with ours they burned all 3 time outs in the first Qtr.

Y’all boys was flying probably the fastest  I’ve ever seen in high school.

16 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC hurry up offensive game will really be hard to deal with.

It’s a gift and a curse.

7 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Them are facts!

Y’all boys was flying probably the fastest  I’ve ever seen in high school.

It’s a gift and a curse.

It is for most. AC QB is given the option to call his own plays and definitely Audibles. That's sweet we have a QB that knows football and players are on same page. Very intelligent play. That's why If we play smart like we have done all year then we should be ok. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Like 1