Riverside Vs Tyner for the shiny gold ball.

RHSPanther15

Congrats to Decatur Riverside for avenging two earlier losses.  Clearly the Panthers have earned their way to the Championship game with solid play on both sides of the ball.  Total scores for both teams in the 14 games - Riverside has outscored the Rams 540-538.  Tyner has been stingier on the defensive side allowing only 100 points while Riverside has given up 274.  It is hard to know who has played the tougher schedule though I think it is clear that Riverside hasn't played anyone near as good as Alcoa who gave the Rams their only loss.  Many people feel that both 1A and 2A football is better in West TN than it is in the East. It is very likely Riverside will be the best 2A team Tyner has seen this year - possibly by a lot.  Likewise, I doubt Riverside has played a team as athletic as Tyner.

Can Tyner's defense contain the combination of a tough nosed running back in #25 and an athletic QB in #11?  It appears that Riverside has more of a passing threat than most of the playoff teams Tyner has played so far along with a strong ground attack.  Will Riverside be able to slow down what has been a lethal combination of Ram playmakers on the outside - #3, #11, #6 (and others) and a solid ground game with #10 carrying the load for the Rams?  QB #9 has mostly had time all year to find and hit the open receivers but Riverside looks to have a really solid d line and pass rush.  

Turnovers often tell the tale as well as how good of a defensive and offensive game plan the coaching staffs can put together.  The Rams are loaded with Seniors who have been extremely focused and have stayed confident without getting cocky and overlooking their competition.  I am really excited about the opportunity Tyner has in front of them and like their chances to pull out a victory.  Go Rams!!!

Edited by Ram4Life
typo
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Congrats to Decatur Riverside for avenging two earlier losses.  Clearly the Panthers have earned their way to the Championship game with solid play on both sides of the ball.  Total scores for both teams in the 14 games - Riverside has outscored the Rams 540-538.  Tyner has been stingier on the defensive side allowing only 100 points while Riverside has given up 274.  It is hard to know who has played the tougher schedule though I think it is clear that Riverside hasn't played anyone near as good as Alcoa who gave the Rams their only loss.  Many people feel that both 1A and 2A football is better in West TN than it is in the East. It is very likely Riverside will be the best 2A team Tyner has seen this year - possibly by a lot.  Likewise, I doubt Riverside has played a team as athletic as Tyner.

Can Tyner's defense contain the combination of a tough nosed running back in #25 and an athletic QB in #11?  It appears that Riverside has more of a passing threat than most of the playoff teams Tyner has played so far along with a strong ground attack.  Will Riverside be able to slow down what has been a lethal combination of Ram playmakers on the outside - #3, #11, #6 (and others) and a solid ground game with #10 carrying the load for the Rams?  QB #9 has mostly had time all year to find and hit the open receivers but Riverside looks to have a really solid d line and pass rush.  

Turnovers often tell the tale as well as how good of a defensive and offensive game plan the coaching staffs can put together.  The Rams are loaded with Seniors who have been extremely focused and have stayed confident without getting cocky and overlooking their competition.  I am really excited about the opportunity Tyner has in front of them and like their chances to pull out a victory.  Go Rams!!!

I am one who believes 1A and 2A football is better in West TN. Having said that I don’t necessarily believe that the best team is in the West. Clay and Tyner could be better than any team in the West. I just feel there are several more really good teams in the West. In 2A Riverside, Huntingdung, Westview, Union City, and Lewis all had a realistic chance of laying in this game. In 1A McKenzie, Fayetteville, MASE and Peabody could have all made it. Don’t know that the east has that kind of depth in quality teams. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I am one who believes 1A and 2A football is better in West TN. Having said that I don’t necessarily believe that the best team is in the West. Clay and Tyner could be better than any team in the West. I just feel there are several more really good teams in the West. In 2A Riverside, Huntingdung, Westview, Union City, and Lewis all had a realistic chance of laying in this game. In 1A McKenzie, Fayetteville, MASE and Peabody could have all made it. Don’t know that the east has that kind of depth in quality teams. 

Fayetteville would have beaten MASE easily. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The beat down Fayetteville put on 4A semi finalist Red Bank proves clearly that at least McKenzie and Fayetteville are a couple of the best teams in the state regardless of classification in my view.  What a loaded group of 1A teams out west this year.  If your group of 2A teams that Riverside emerged from are as good as McKenzie and Fayetteville, then Tyner will be in a real dog fight.  Most of us Tyner fans thought that Union City would make the run because it seems every time we make the finals - they are the opponent we face.  How do folks who know West TN football see Riverside matching up against Fayetteville or McKenzie?  Just curious?

13 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

The beat down Fayetteville put on 4A semi finalist Red Bank proves clearly that at least McKenzie and Fayetteville are a couple of the best teams in the state regardless of classification in my view.  What a loaded group of 1A teams out west this year.  If your group of 2A teams that Riverside emerged from are as good as McKenzie and Fayetteville, then Tyner will be in a real dog fight.  Most of us Tyner fans thought that Union City would make the run because it seems every time we make the finals - they are the opponent we face.  How do folks who know West TN football see Riverside matching up against Fayetteville or McKenzie?  Just curious?

I have not watched Riverside so I couldn’t give a fair assessment.  However, I would be safe in saying they would need to be pretty salty to beat either McKenzie or FC.

15 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

McKenzie has a special group of seniors that don’t roll through 1a schools very often. I don’t want to take anything away from Riverside. I just think that McKenzie was the cream of the crop in 1-4a in the west besides Haywood.

1 minute ago, Waker said:

McKenzie has a special group of seniors that don’t roll through 1a schools very often. I don’t want to take anything away from Riverside. I just think that McKenzie was the cream of the crop in 1-4a in the west besides Haywood.

Comer (Riverside Alumni) has a special group in McKenzie for sure but would have like to seen them matchup up as well 

2 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Comer (Riverside Alumni) has a special group in McKenzie for sure but would have like to seen them matchup up as well 

McKenzie has a good line. The most well rounded QB I’ve seen in a while not named Ty Simpson. A running back that has several D1 offers. A good physical secondary. A good kicking game. Not many teams that can match up with that.

• Like 1