Riverside Vs Tyner for the shiny gold ball.

RHSPanther15

51 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

-

So a magnet school got a home game and beat a team from a different time zone who was apparently unable to have any semblance of a routine.  Go team go.   

Otherwise- great weekend. 

so GeneralGump feels slighted cause of the loss.....and blamin the loss on a time zone and the fact that a education facility that happens to be in the same city/town as the T$$AA  bid was......

...so help ole Booger out GeneralGump.....if the Gold Ball contest were in the christian time zone and it were not a magnet school bustin Generalgumps fruit...would Gump still be makin excuses for bein second best in this contest...

....takes a lotta character and integrity and a northern pointed compass just to man card up on the results

....GeneralGump makin a mockin bird of GeneralGump self

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Booger said:

so GeneralGump feels slighted cause of the loss.....and blamin the loss on a time zone and the fact that a education facility that happens to be in the same city/town as the T$$AA  bid was......

...so help ole Booger out GeneralGump.....if the Gold Ball contest were in the christian time zone and it were not a magnet school bustin Generalgumps fruit...would Gump still be makin excuses for bein second best in this contest...

....takes a lotta character and integrity and a northern pointed compass just to man card up on the results

:lol:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

Well actually the TSSAA thought they would make it easier for S Pitt to play a home game. Tyner having a good team just made it sweeter. They don’t even try to hide the East bias. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Great game Panthers. Man, don’t be surprised if this team is back next year. It was a hard fought game on both sides. Either team could have won. The border line calls did not determine this game, the teams did. Blaming the refs is an argument that nobody can win.

I agree with you, both team had momentum killing penalties that were questionable. Panthers had a heck of season and I’m proud as can be of them, they left it all on the field out there. I congratulate Tyner they had a good squad that played some good ball.

2 hours ago, Waker said:

Well actually the TSSAA thought they would make it easier for S Pitt to play a home game. Tyner having a good team just made it sweeter. They don’t even try to hide the East bias. 

This simply isn’t true. I’ve seen a lot of talk on Facebook about why the championship games are never played in West Tn. It was only 2 cities that bid to have the games in their city. Any west Tn city with the facility’s that are required (not many in west Tn) could have bid. 

7 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Lot of good local broadcasters around Tennessee that would have given better calls of the games than I have seen this week. The NFHS is just weak.

The announcers are not payed by NFHS. NFHS just streams what feed that the TSSAA provides. While it is a couple different announcers most of the guys have been doing the championship games on TV for years even before NFHS was involved with TSSAA 

Edited by Tnfootball1234

4 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

The announcers are not payed by NFHS. NFHS just streams what feed that the TSSAA provides. While it is a couple different announcers most of the guys have been doing the championship games on TV for years even before NFHS was involved with TSSAA 

That's another problem. Most people who are as terrible at their job as these jokers are eventually replaced. I guess that since Gary Danielson still has his job, football announcers are somewhat immune though. They're bad enough when the game has their full attention, but when doing their mandatory TSSAA (and sponsors) promotions, the game might as well not exist. I honestly get so fed up with their vernacular that I turn the volume off and just watch.

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's another problem. Most people who are as terrible at their job as these jokers are eventually replaced. I guess that since Gary Danielson still has his job, football announcers are somewhat immune though. They're bad enough when the game has their full attention, but when doing their mandatory TSSAA (and sponsors) promotions, the game might as well not exist. I honestly get so fed up with their vernacular that I turn the volume off and just watch.

The best announcer for these games are Titans Mike Keith, but I don’t understand why they can’t give a call to the college announcers.. this is your big weekend for the sports. I’d at least try to make the presentation the best quality I could 

14 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I believe someone else said this early but the radio guys for the games are way better than the TV guys.