Riverside Vs Tyner for the shiny gold ball.

RHSPanther15

Much respect to Riverside, most of us true Ram fans knew this was going to be a battle to the end and not a blowout. Riverside players and coaches have no reason to hang their heads down, as I believe they will be a major player in 2a again next year. It’s a tough pill to swallow as we were on the bad end of a close championship in 2017. I definitely left being a fan of the Riverside program. As for Tyner, we get to enjoy this but next year we enter Alcoa’s world which will more than likely end badly but it is what it is. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Bravesfan8 said:

I know that your famous response of me being new to coacht and not making many post are going to come from you for disagreeing with your post, but I have been reading what you write for a couple of years and I simply cannot refrain from your last few post. 

You were on the Riverside train until they lost. I also believe you should try coaching as a profession. To hear you talk you would be the next Nick Saban of high school football. Not to mention: announcing, officiating, etc.. It is easy to sit back behind your computer screen and say what should have or could  have happened. Put yourself in the situation of trying to call a 2 pt play to stay alive in a state championship game. It’s much easier behind that keyboard there General.  To see what the Riverside coaching staff has done to the program at Riverside I don’t see how you could say one negative word. 

your post is emotional so let me try to get to the real issues, not your hysteria. 

1. I correctly pointed out that Tyner was overrated and would not blow out Riverside. I also bragged on Riverside's consistency the last 5 years. 

2. The two point call was criminal. Both can be true. You can do a great job to this point and still crap the bed when you get there. That call was galaxies away from being the best call against that defense or even playing to his team's strength the entire game.  

Everything else you wrote was emotional, ad hominem, etc. 

16 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

No way Bethel would be a contender. The stadium is too small, parking would be a nightmare, the internet to the press box is suspect at best, and the facilities are just not anywhere near enough. Not near enough decent restaurants or hotels. 

The stadium at UT Matin would be better suited to host as far as size of facility. Media space might be a tad tight but could work. I don't know about the locker room facility but I suspect it's small. Working against UT Martin would be lack of hotel rooms and enough decent restaurants 

i love when you nerd out man. the "internet in the press box" LOL. where do you get this stuff?

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i love when you nerd out man. the "internet in the press box" LOL. where do you get this stuff?

Um, I have personally broadcast games from the pressbox at Bethel. The press box there is not nearly big enough. I have experienced internet issues on many occasions. I personally know how sketchy it is. The Sports Information Dicrector is my friend and broadcast partner. Any other goofy questions?

Still trying to get over the shock of Riverside making it to Chattanooga so haven’t really gathered up my thoughts yet. But very proud of the Panthers. They got it done when they had to and more than exceeded everyone’s expectations against Tyner. You could easily say they were the better team. The Rams were good but not to the extent of their hype. But they got it done when it mattered. Riverside more than had their chances but oh well that’s football, turnovers and penalties. Congratulations to both teams on a well played game 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Um, I have personally broadcast games from the pressbox at Bethel. The press box there is not nearly big enough. I have experienced internet issues on many occasions. I personally know how sketchy it is. The Sports Information Dicrector is my friend and broadcast partner. Any other goofy questions?

"The handles on the mens' urinals are unacceptable (too low), and the bowls themselves have a too small circumference,  leading to what I will call "misting" when relieving yourself between quarters, where time is short and SIDs are waiting with demands.."

- RF 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, GeneralForrest said:

You had a West where Waverly, UC, Huntingdon, Peabody, Westview and more were either down, or in a different classification. You don't get a bunch of chances unless you are one of those who fields elite teams year in year out. Riverside is a mostly top 8p maybe top 4 team. This was their year. 

Easiest 2A path to the championship this season (east and west) than ever before. IMO, this Riverside team was not as talented as the 2019 or 2021 teams we faced in the quarters. 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Frost, for all the acclaim, made the worst 2 pt call I have ever seen and I've watched Eli Stephenson for 5 seasons. The pass was completed 5 years from the end zone and the slower Riverside kid was supposed to out finesse the entire defense.  Meanwhile the power run was successful all day. Tyner was slowing down and he played right into their hands. Just makes you sick and I'm not even a Riverside fan. 

Frost calls the defense and has another guy as his OC. Not sure who takes credit or blame for last 2 pt play. Based on the game he called and the work over the last 4 years I would give the benefit of the doubt. Their starting TB goes out in week 10 and what do they do? Adjust the offense to their available personnel and use their bruising FB in November to march to state. 

He called a great game to keep the Tyner D off balanced all afternoon. Double passes, reverses, RPO's, slick play actions  - I think they shot all their bullets and were trying to use a play they hadn't shown yet.  Sometimes you outthink yourself in  between big plays. Was the WR supposed to be in the endzone and ran a bad route, was the QB supposed to throw it behind him to another guy - IDK. It was a poorly executed attempt to end a great season/ game.  The lineman downfield penalty on the  earlier TD was hot garbage. NFHs has a habit of not replaying the controversial penalties. 

16 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

"The handles on the mens' urinals are unacceptable (too low), and the bowls themselves have a too small circumference,  leading to what I will call "misting" when relieving yourself between quarters, where time is short and SIDs are waiting with demands.."

- RF 

This is the type of insider insight only found on this message board. Nothing worse than a demanding SID at a misting urinal!