Riverside Vs Tyner for the shiny gold ball.

RHSPanther15

3 hours ago, Vol3450 said:

Every single team thinks they can run the ball down Tyners throat, and every single team gets thoroughly disappointed when they find out they can't.  

I will say this: Union City has one of the most unique run schemes in our area, and they are pretty proficient with it. We were able to hold them to 2 scores. Run defense hasn't been a concern for Huntingdon all year. Until last night, it had been a strength of the team. Riverside didn't do anything really special. They just lined up and handed it to #25 every play. Sometimes 4, 5, or 6 plays in a row.. We didn't have an answer for it. D-line got pushed back and LB's got drug 2-3 yards on nearly every play.

42 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I will say this: Union City has one of the most unique run schemes in our area, and they are pretty proficient with it. We were able to hold them to 2 scores. Run defense hasn't been a concern for Huntingdon all year. Until last night, it had been a strength of the team. Riverside didn't do anything really special. They just lined up and handed it to #25 every play. Sometimes 4, 5, or 6 plays in a row.. We didn't have an answer for it. D-line got pushed back and LB's got drug 2-3 yards on nearly every play.

Riverside run defense was more dominant than their run offense Huntingdon’s offense did nothing against them.  Defense gave up 14 points in first half after being on field the whole half because offense did nothing. They play great the second half. If not for some undisciplined 15yd penalties don’t think Riverside would have scored in second half. 

Edited by horse

43 minutes ago, Rams6750 said:

He’s as impressive off the field as he is on, kids a true leader always gives credit to his teammates for his success.   

Thats actually more important, I'm a fan. You have some of these kids on most teams. Thats the type I like seeing have success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horse said:

Riverside run defense was more dominant than their run offense Huntingdon’s offense did nothing against them.  Defense gave up 14 points in first half after being on field the whole half because offense did nothing. They play great the second half. If not for some undisciplined 15yd penalties don’t think Riverside would have scored in second half. 

Riverside was disciplined and you were not if, if, if never sets well as an excuse when you get it took to you by a better team.