2023-2024 2A-Region 2

Tench

If all follows of the 11/25/22 date here is my projected picks for region:

1. York/Oneida

2. Bledsoe

3. Polk Co.

4. Wartburg

5. Tellico Plains

I would be surprised if it stays cause of the distance to travel, doesn’t bother me cause it’s a change of scenery but I know that’s not the point lol

21 hours ago, Tench said:

If all follows of the 11/25/22 date here is my projected picks for region:

1. York/Oneida

2. Bledsoe

3. Polk Co.

4. Wartburg

5. Tellico Plains

I would be surprised if it stays cause of the distance to travel, doesn’t bother me cause it’s a change of scenery but I know that’s not the point lol

Polk having Davis back may make things interesting!

I don't know anything about telico plains or polk.  No clue what they return or even what style offense they run. Wartburg was improved this season I know they lose a few.  Oneida was like York young so I except them go be improved.  Bledsoe was disciplined in the first game of the season when York played them.  York was not had like 4 turn overs. I do think York will be betterafter a year with Coach Wright and a full year in the weight room with him.  Kids live playing for him. I know my son did and so have my nephews.  I'm already ready for next season.  

15 hours ago, YAIDAD said:

I don't know anything about telico plains or polk.  No clue what they return or even what style offense they run. Wartburg was improved this season I know they lose a few.  Oneida was like York young so I except them go be improved.  Bledsoe was disciplined in the first game of the season when York played them.  York was not had like 4 turn overs. I do think York will be betterafter a year with Coach Wright and a full year in the weight room with him.  Kids live playing for him. I know my son did and so have my nephews.  I'm already ready for next season.  

Oneida was not young. They will be replacing 15 seniors that all started or played in a rotation. They have the QB back but have to replace a bunch of guys. The OL/DL returns 1 starter. Oneida rotated a bunch of guys at almost every position but most of the time they were rotating seniors. They will have an experienced secondary and QB/RB but thats about it. They will be razor thin at most positions. And that's assuming they don't lose anyone. 

York has almost everyone back and will be better next year. I've been told Bledsoe and York are very similar teams and programs. Is that true?

Edited by TSSAAfootball

10 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Oneida was not young. They will be replacing 15 seniors that all started or played in a rotation. They have the QB back but have to replace a bunch of guys. The OL/DL returns 1 starter. Oneida rotated a bunch of guys at almost every position but most of the time they were rotating seniors. They will have an experienced secondary and QB/RB but thats about it. They will be razor thin at most positions. And that's assuming they don't lose anyone. 

York has almost everyone back and will be better next year. I've been told Bledsoe and York are very similar teams and programs. Is that true?

Experience at DB means at WR also. Returning a QB and RB along with 1 lineman so losing 4 linemen. Right? Yes we lose a bunch of guys but there is experience returning at every position. Maybe not all starters but all have meaningful playing time. Now how well or even if that translates into production is a totally different discussion all together. 

Edited by crow

26 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Who is Davis and what type of offense does Polk run?

Derick Davis head coach.Left to Mcminn Central a few years ago.Polk went in the tank when he left.Came back this year and is a hit you in the mouth type coach.Polk took big strides this year after a couple of 0-10 seasons since he left.Polk was always tough with Davis at the helm.Beat some very good South Pitt teams.polk will be a factor.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Derick Davis head coach.Left to Mcminn Central a few years ago.Polk went in the tank when he left.Came back this year and is a hit you in the mouth type coach.Polk took big strides this year after a couple of 0-10 seasons since he left.Polk was always tough with Davis at the helm.Beat some very good South Pitt teams.polk will be a factor.

Best I can tell we have never played Polk before.