West TN Rural Top 10 Playoffs Championship RD

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

33 minutes ago, Waker said:

McKenzie and Fayetteville could have in 2a but I don’t believe Peabody or Lake co would have made it. Westview, Huntingdon, UC and Riverside were all good ball teams.

UC brings back almost everyone next year. Will be like clubbing baby seals in 1A for them. Halls, Greenfield, Gleason, South Fulton, etc. if they don’t win a gold ball next year something is bad wrong. 

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

UC brings back almost everyone next year. Will be like clubbing baby seals in 1A for them. Halls, Greenfield, Gleason, South Fulton, etc. if they don’t win a gold ball next year something is bad wrong. 

Yeah, UC will be hard to handle the next 2 years.

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Dresden will have something to say in that region next year.Easily starting 10 seniors on Defense and maybe 11 on offense and easily the best DT in that region. 

6 on defense and 8 on offense. Not degrading our Seniors this year but the 2024 class has always had more numbers and more success. I looked at UC roster they are losing 10 seniors and looks like only 7 to 8 Juniors and a ton of Freshman. We have a DT that will be just a sophomore next year and he will be a stud he rushed for over a 1k yards in middle school. 

1 hour ago, Sherdog said:

6 on defense and 8 on offense. Not degrading our Seniors this year but the 2024 class has always had more numbers and more success. I looked at UC roster they are losing 10 seniors and looks like only 7 to 8 Juniors and a ton of Freshman. We have a DT that will be just a sophomore next year and he will be a stud he rushed for over a 1k yards in middle school. 

I think UCs sophomore class is stacked 

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I like it. Would love to see a Mckenzie-Haywood matchup. I would like to see how good McKenzie really is. Mustangs about right where they are. Still not sold on USJ. Have enjoyed your poll. What about a way to early top 10 for next year?

This is the only thing that is questionable about the poll, and I would like to know the answer to that myself. The only game that McKenzie was in doubt about was Fayetteville City, and they thrashed the hair off of the team that just gave Anderson County fits in the 4A semi. I don't think anyone really knows just how good that either of those two are or how good of a team that it would take to beat them, just that they had a heavyweight knock down drag out between the two that McKenzie won to advance. Not saying that I would definitely put them in at #1, but the only argument against is that they're in 1A... on second thought, I think that I would make the 'Rebs my #1.

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

This is the only thing that is questionable about the poll, and I would like to know the answer to that myself. The only game that McKenzie was in doubt about was Fayetteville City, and they thrashed the hair off of the team that just gave Anderson County fits in the 4A semi. I don't think anyone really knows just how good that either of those two are or how good of a team that it would take to beat them, just that they had a heavyweight knock down drag out between the two that McKenzie won to advance. Not saying that I would definitely put them in at #1, but the only argument against is that they're in 1A... on second thought, I think that I would make the 'Rebs my #1.

Question for you. McKenzie only beat McEwen 21-6. What do you think the score would be if Haywood played McEwen?  I think in 1 game McKenzie may can play with Haywood and maybe even beat them. But if you put McKenzie in 4A they don’t have the talent and depth to go 13-1 like Haywood has done in my opinion. Haywood is stacked at every position and in most 2 deep. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Question for you. McKenzie only beat McEwen 21-6. What do you think the score would be if Haywood played McEwen?  I think in 1 game McKenzie may can play with Haywood and maybe even beat them. But if you put McKenzie in 4A they don’t have the talent and depth to go 13-1 like Haywood has done in my opinion. Haywood is stacked at every position and in most 2 deep. 

Not arguing your placement at all...I don't think there's room to dispute any of your positionings, just taking in the "big picture", with lots of angles. I watched PC at Lexington...they have no glaring deficiencies, and are solid, but thought that Haywood was just a tad better... they weren't. Hard to argue Henry Co. either way... they play nothing but stout competition and could be better than Haywood or McKenzie...but have losses, so you know that they aren't unbeatable. Playing a close(er) game against McEwen was a head scratcher, but they did win. I also know that it's pointless to do the so-and-so beat so-and-so by more than so-and-so thing, but the link of Red Bank getting absolutely whipped by Fayetteville and going on to lead Anderson County in the semi's at the half is hard to ignore, especially if Anderson County beats Pearl Cohn by more than Red Bank (it could happen). 

Like I said earlier... just a gut feeling.

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not arguing your placement at all...I don't think there's room to dispute any of your positionings, just taking in the "big picture", with lots of angles. I watched PC at Lexington...they have no glaring deficiencies, and are solid, but thought that Haywood was just a tad better... they weren't. Hard to argue Henry Co. either way... they play nothing but stout competition and could be better than Haywood or McKenzie...but have losses, so you know that they aren't unbeatable. Playing a close(er) game against McEwen was a head scratcher, but they did win. I also know that it's pointless to do the so-and-so beat so-and-so by more than so-and-so thing, but the link of Red Bank getting absolutely whipped by Fayetteville and going on to lead Anderson County in the semi's at the half is hard to ignore, especially if Anderson County beats Pearl Cohn by more than Red Bank (it could happen). 

Like I said earlier... just a gut feeling.

Everything you said makes perfect sense. Ultimately I think we would all like to see McKenzie play Haywood or Henry Co.