West TN Rural Top 10 Playoffs Championship RD

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

43 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Question for you. McKenzie only beat McEwen 21-6. What do you think the score would be if Haywood played McEwen?  I think in 1 game McKenzie may can play with Haywood and maybe even beat them. But if you put McKenzie in 4A they don’t have the talent and depth to go 13-1 like Haywood has done in my opinion. Haywood is stacked at every position and in most 2 deep. 

Don’t read too much into that McEwen score. They ran 71 plays to our 27.  Thus, our low score. 

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

Don’t read too much into that McEwen score. They ran 71 plays to our 27.  Thus, our low score. 

I don’t. Which is why I have you where I do. I think that was y’all’s “oops” game. Almost every team has them. Y’all are clicking right now. If you played them again I think y’all would dismantle them. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

UC brings back almost everyone next year. Will be like clubbing baby seals in 1A for them. Halls, Greenfield, Gleason, South Fulton, etc. if they don’t win a gold ball next year something is bad wrong. 

Think they will be favorites.But Dresden will be tough.LC loses about 6 seniors but still lots of weapons on offense.And Mase will be a player just based on Brown.Hes legit.QB is an 8th grader.So don't know what they have returning overall.

Just hoping teams that weren't as good this year as they have previously been in recent years, improves drastically over the offseason. There are several football teams that need to improve for West Tennessee to have a good product of football. Personally, when I evaluate the product, I thought we we're pretty much average as a whole. Lots of blowouts this year.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t. Which is why I have you where I do. I think that was y’all’s “oops” game. Almost every team has them. Y’all are clicking right now. If you played them again I think y’all would dismantle them. 

This is a tough debate, be use the only way to know is for these teams to play. That’s not gonna happen. I do believe these three are alone at the top by a good margin. I looked back at Henry County’s schedule and it was much tougher throughout. When you play tougher schedules it makes you better but I your starters get less rest through that schedule. Those battles add up through a long season. I do t think Haywood or McKenzie goes into playoffs undefeated with Henry’s schedule. Their three losses were to Beech, Brentwood and Page. They also beat a good Springfield team twice. By saying that, I’m not saying Henry would beat both . I think if these teams matched up I would not be shocked by who the winner was. Normally I’d give the larger class schools the edge just from a depth standpoint. 

On 11/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, Sherdog said:

6 on defense and 8 on offense. Not degrading our Seniors this year but the 2024 class has always had more numbers and more success. I looked at UC roster they are losing 10 seniors and looks like only 7 to 8 Juniors and a ton of Freshman. We have a DT that will be just a sophomore next year and he will be a stud he rushed for over a 1k yards in middle school. 

UC losing 7 Seniors and have 7 Juniors going to be seniors whom have all pretty much started if not played a significant amount the last three years plus a larger sophomore class to be junior class who has quiet a few two year starters. The defense UC had this year was great and next years defense will be just as good if not better. The Offense will be even quicker and will grind you to death.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:22 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

UC brings back almost everyone next year. Will be like clubbing baby seals in 1A for them. Halls, Greenfield, Gleason, South Fulton, etc. if they don’t win a gold ball next year something is bad wrong. 

Yes and no. UC loses 7 seniors next year, many of which started both way. Two slots/ corner and safety. 4 o-lineman will be the biggest hit more than likely, but they also lose their leading tackler of the last 3 years. 2 of the lineman also started at d-line. The young talent will have to step up big.

29 minutes ago, uctornadoes said:

Yes and no. UC loses 7 seniors next year, many of which started both way. Two slots/ corner and safety. 4 o-lineman will be the biggest hit more than likely, but they also lose their leading tackler of the last 3 years. 2 of the lineman also started at d-line. The young talent will have to step up big.

I hear you have an abundance of young talent. Especially in the current sophomore class.