Which East TN teams reload and which are going to be in rebuilding mode

Whs1984

OR will reload and make it the championship game. The region is a joke, and the playoffs will put us automatically in the semis, and with Powell and West taking a step back...OR in the finals is more than a real possibility...and we don't have to be real good to get there. I'm not saying we'll win it, but I'm saying I'll be disappointed if we don't get there. Who will have a better RB than 22? Who will have a better WR than 13? We have several linemen returning and experience at QB or a young QB who will be good...take your pick!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, catswild said:

OR will reload and make it the championship game. The region is a joke, and the playoffs will put us automatically in the semis, and with Powell and West taking a step back...OR in the finals is more than a real possibility...and we don't have to be real good to get there. I'm not saying we'll win it, but I'm saying I'll be disappointed if we don't get there. Who will have a better RB than 22? Who will have a better WR than 13? We have several linemen returning and experience at QB or a young QB who will be good...take your pick!

Didn't you say the same thing this year?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, catswild said:

You guys are my early pick for the semifinals, given what you have coming back. No one in Regions 3 or 4 will be as talented.

6 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Didn't you say the same thing this year?

With the talent we had, I expected to go 10-0 or 9-1...I was wrong. But I'm not wrong about my earlier post on this thread. Read back over it and tell me what you disagree with. The region OR is in is weak...region 4 is weak...Powell and West will take a step or two back...22 and 13 might be the two best players in the region...OR has returning linemen and a very good young QB along with an experienced QB. What do you disagree with?  We might not win the championship game, but I expect to be there.......

10 hours ago, catswild said:

With the talent we had, I expected to go 10-0 or 9-1...I was wrong. But I'm not wrong about my earlier post on this thread. Read back over it and tell me what you disagree with. The region OR is in is weak...region 4 is weak...Powell and West will take a step or two back...22 and 13 might be the two best players in the region...OR has returning linemen and a very good young QB along with an experienced QB. What do you disagree with?  We might not win the championship game, but I expect to be there.......

Skill player talent doesn't equal lineman talent is what you wouldn't mention this year when other people mentioned it you disregarded it (Hard to get the ball to play makers if they are getting hit in the backfield or already have someone in their face).  We will have to see next year if you're wrong again or not.  Just cause you return linemen off of last year team doesn't mean squat unless they get better because they were not good this year.  Championships are won in the trenches and figured you would know this by now 

Edited by Swipes

2 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Boone losing about 19 seniors, but not their QB, RB or defensive player of the year. If they can get the linemen in tune I think it'll be a reloading year. 2nd string got lots of playtime in many of the games. If all the Jrs come back they should have another strong senior class of about 15.  

Hopefully the success of the 2022 team will prompt some new guys to go out for football next year.    I do not know of anyone currently, but I can remember a few years ago Boone had some amazing athletes who would not play football for one reason or another.    The biggest gap in Boone next year will be at kicker/punter.   But one thing they can come back with that a lot of prior teams have not had is confidence.       And hopefully all that TBI stuff is over now, at least it's not spinning around in the news cycle.

I'm not ready to count QB play as a strength of the OR team going into next year. There will have to be tremendous gains made in the off season at the qb position through camps and 7-7 etc.  The defensive line should be pretty good.  The OL, sigh, well, yeah we do get 3 of those guys back. They can be good if they will put in the work to be good.  Hasn't happened yet with that group,  but time will tell.  Some big shoes to fill at lb, losing a great team leader and athlete there.  Skill players are good, as stated on this board ad nauseum.  Bottom line,  If this team actually puts in the training that it takes to be good, than they can be.  It's a huge off season for this group.   As it does every year at every level.  It will come down to winning in the trenches.  

Powell will look like Powell again.  You know, the Powell from the previous 40 years.

West will lose a lot of starters, but I think depth wise they are lightyears ahead of others.

Oak Ridge will have some firepower back, but they'll find a way to cough it up.

Bearden will have 216 kids transfer in next week.  Pee Wee leagues just finishing up should really open the dam door.

NE TN teams will keep doing what they do, have a clear cut favorite until it comes time to hit the 40 split and become also-rans.

57 minutes ago, wompuscat said:

Powell will look like Powell again.  You know, the Powell from the previous 40 years.

West will lose a lot of starters, but I think depth wise they are lightyears ahead of others.

Oak Ridge will have some firepower back, but they'll find a way to cough it up.

Bearden will have 216 kids transfer in next week.  Pee Wee leagues just finishing up should really open the dam door.

NE TN teams will keep doing what they do, have a clear cut favorite until it comes time to hit the 40 split and become also-rans.

You left off Clinton, same ole Clinton?  Will Fedora step it up or mail it in?  cause that "coaching" effort didn't get it.  

56 minutes ago, wompuscat said:

With Powell, West and Central all being in Region 2 5A, I don't see that anyone in R1/5A has a prayer.     In 6A you might see Kingsport or Johnson City make it to round 2 but regardless it will still end at Maryville if not sooner.     So I agree that the 40 split is the line of demarkation.      In NET we just have to enjoy the regular season and try to win each game, win our rivalry games, etc.    Can't get too hyped up over the playoffs....