2023 Henry County Patriots

BigRed88

3 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

I just looked on there and it's showing the non region games being Brighton, Riverdale, Brentwood, Ridgeway, and Northeast. If that's right sounds like a fun schedule. 

Kinda surprised Haywood didn’t make it back onto the schedule. Though it seems both sides enjoy having that as a preseason matchup. 

8 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Kinda surprised Haywood didn’t make it back onto the schedule. Though it seems both sides enjoy having that as a preseason matchup. 

Sort of like when they used to scrimmage Milan every year. I still wish Haywood and HC would renew the series. It would be THE marquee game in West TN most years. 

But that’s a tough schedule already. Riverdale and Brentwood on top of their big 3 region opponents. Yikes. 

21 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

defense will still be very athletic. But we have huge holes to fill all over the field. 

Same, holes everywhere we have to fill as well. I think Beech is in the same boat as well. Will be an interesting season. I have no idea what to expect from our team this coming season and I can't remember the last time I could say that. 

15 hours ago, PurpleCat said:

Sort of like when they used to scrimmage Milan every year. I still wish Haywood and HC would renew the series. It would be THE marquee game in West TN most years. 

But that’s a tough schedule already. Riverdale and Brentwood on top of their big 3 region opponents. Yikes. 

Haywood tried... they are desperate for games

On 11/29/2022 at 5:24 PM, PurpleCat said:

Agreed completely, but I like how the schedule shakes out overall. It's a pretty good mix of competition. Brighton and Ridgeway should provide a taste of the Memphis football that we would see in the playoffs. I actually like that we are keeping a Clarksville school on the schedule, especially with it being a longtime region foe like Northeast. Brentwood and Riverdale are schedule enhancers. Those are "iron sharpens iron" kind of games. Beech, Hendersonville, and Springfield speak for themselves. Depending on how long this region stays together, those three and us should be a pretty consistent quartet of playoff teams, no disrespect to Portland or Hunters Lane.