Lack of postseason competitiveness

Indian

Lack of postseason competitiveness   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Lack of postseason competitiveness

• Reduce the number of classes
    • Champions/high finishers over time move up, lower teams level teams move down
    • Nothing, leave everything as is
    • Radical reclassification, such as rural-urban, or a complete merit system

Just now, ReitzFan said:

To eliminate  the 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 type teams, this would be Ideal. You would also get potentially better early round games as well

That’s what I was thinking. That’s what needs to be stopped. A 1-9 teams making the playoffs before a team with a winning record in a tough region shouldn’t happen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

That’s what I was thinking. That’s what needs to be stopped. A 1-9 teams making the playoffs before a team with a winning record in a tough region shouldn’t happen 

That's why I'm not a fan of eliminating teams in regions because you're potentially eliminating a team that's good! Look at your region for next season for an example.

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

won't happen cause too many coaches and fans will complain too much about having to understand anything more difficult than 1v4 and 2v3 first round games

4 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

won't happen cause too many coaches and fans will complain too much about having to understand anything more difficult than 1v4 and 2v3 first round games

That’s exactly the problem, but little do some of them know back in the 70’s 80’s and early 90’s best two teams in district went to the playoffs and every week it was a slobber knocker because it was the best teams across the state 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

That’s exactly the problem, but little do some of them know back in the 70’s 80’s and early 90’s best two teams in district went to the playoffs and every week it was a slobber knocker because it was the best teams across the state 

Best 2 didn’t go until mid80s and it was A AA and AAA only.  After 92, they went to 5 classes but kept 36 teams from each class making it.  Then 6 classes along with privates moved out over a period made it worse.