RIVERSIDE

GeneralForrest

This will be a rare instance of me starting a thread on another school. 

Riverside deserves some attention, and due to the "Tyner ram train blah blah blah" windbags on the blue cross bowl thread, they likely aren't gonna get it unless they win. So in case they don't..

Last 5 seasons, including this year: 

52-16 record.

A 14-4 playoff record (.778 winning percentage!). 

2 quarters, 2 semis, and 1 championship game.

They've knocked out Lewis multiple times, Waverly, Mt Pleasant and Huntingdon.

Most of the time these guys are traveling to upper seeds, and winning.

EIGHTEEN PLAYOFF GAMES IN 5 SEASONS. 

Their two trips to semis they lost to the eventual state champ- Peabody and Westview. 

Averaging a 10-3 record over the 5 seasons, and pretty quietly. They just do their thing. 

I think they deserve some respect.

God knows the 2019 and 2021 games almost killed me. But you have to tip your hat when it's due

It's due

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Riverside deserves some attention, and due to the "Tyner ram train blah blah blah" windbags on the blue cross bowl thread, they likely aren't gonna get it unless they win. So in case they don't..

52-16 record.

Their two trips to semis they lost to the eventual state champ- Peabody and Westview. 

Averaging a 10-3 record over the 5 seasons, and pretty quietly. They just do their thing. 

God knows the 2019 and 2021 games almost killed me. But you have to tip your hat when it's due

It's due

Your right! Frosty has had his boys playing some ball the past couple of years. I think they will only get better playing in that Region they will be in next year with Milan and Huntingdon. I would love to see them pull the upset this weekend.

Edited by vandyfan1

1 minute ago, DaveyBoy said:

Not sure why ur bashing a team im sure you havent seen play. I dont think any true rams fan thinks this team are world beaters and cant be beat.  

that's what u took from this thread. confirms my "the world revolves around us" tyner fan take on the world. 

A magnet school shouldn't even be in this, period. this should be two public schools. despite that, Tyner has found ways to choke and lose games more times than i can count when everyone said they would win. even Forrest came back on em in 16, the last time we played. Tyner is traditionally overhypered and underachieves. End of story. Now take your whining off my Riverside thread. 

It seems he only can point to the past where their might have been some overhyped Tyner teams and yes they were a bit undisciplined at times.

I can assure you this bunch is extremely well disciplined and were not overhyped at all. Started the season in the bottom half of the top 10 rankings in 2a. 

7 minutes ago, THS7758 said:

It seems he only can point to the past where their might have been some overhyped Tyner teams and yes they were a bit undisciplined at times.

I can assure you this bunch is extremely well disciplined and were not overhyped at all. Started the season in the bottom half of the top 10 rankings in 2a. 

TYNER FANS THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU. 

i know thats tough for your egos, but move on

7 minutes ago, THS7758 said:

How down is 2A this year tho. Really. Forrest is terrible, UC, Westview cancelled each other out. Waverly 3A, Peabody 1A, Trousdale way down, Watertown down, Marion down, and the top two teams out of the 1/2 bracket were York and Monterey which might not have been playoff teams in some regions. Cmon man 

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

52-16 record.

It's due

This is a great post general. 2019 was mine and @RHSPanther15’s senior year, we were freshman when Coach Johnny Frost came in and he and his staff have absolutely changed the culture at Riverside. I got to experience him for 4 years and he and his staff are great coaches and even better people. This successes is as well deserved as it gets.Being able to see the program get better as the seasons go on is amazing.

I am needless to say pumped for this state championship game! 

Edited by Riverside80
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

52-16 record.

It's due

Forrest, I have a new respect for you. I'm tipping my hat to you sir. 

1 hour ago, Riverside80 said:

This is a great post general. 2019 was mine and @RHSPanther15’s senior year, we were freshman when Coach Johnny Frost came in and he and his staff have absolutely changed the culture at Riverside. I got to experience him for 4 years and he and his staff are great coaches and even better people. This successes is as well deserved as it gets.Being able to see the program get better as the seasons go on is amazing.

I am needless to say pumped for this state championship game! 

that 2019 game almost ended me