RIVERSIDE

GeneralForrest

I’m just curious. With Riverside being a relative small and country school, similar to Hohenwald, how do the Hohenwald people/fans feel about them reaching the State Championship game before them?

After all the wins Hohenwald has had over the years; after all the high playoff percentage Hohenwald has had, is it not daunting that one of the rivals/premier opponents made it before them and that this opponent does not boast the same winning record? Does it gall that fan base? 

I would not know as Page has been there for back to back/two years in a row.

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I’m just curious. With Riverside being a relative small and country school, similar to Hohenwald, how do the Hohenwald people/fans feel about them reaching the State Championship game before them?

After all the wins Hohenwald has had over the years; after all the high playoff percentage Hohenwald has had, is it not daunting that one of the rivals/premier opponents made it before them and that this opponent does not boast the same winning record? Does it gall that fan base? 

Who cares. Your insight is noted

11 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You know Pizz you are starting to rub off on me. I think I have been too hard on you and your Page team. Yes you have historically been one of, if not the worst program in the history of TN high school football. But you are starting to turn it around as you mentioned the past two years playing for the title. 

The playoffs in TN started back in the 60’s and since then your team is .500 in the playoffs with a 24-24 record. Before the last two years you guys were 16-22. Most years you didn’t even make the playoffs or you were going one and done. Definitely are turning it around. 

if you keep up the winning for the next several years you may change the reputation of losing you guys have and people may start to think of you guys as a historically winning program instead of being so horrible. They may even think of you in the same light they do my Milan program who is 91-41 all time in the playoffs with 10 gold/silver balls, 5 of which have come in the last 15 years. You guys are definitely turning it around. 

Hats off. Much respect for what you are accomplishing. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

15 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Where'd Forrest's thread bashing Tyner for how bad they are go? 

Other than having the TSSAA extend multiple drives where their "playground/free for all" style wasnt working, and robbing Riverside of the go-ahead TD (was 30-28 Riverside) on a stupid and inncorect call by an old man with an IQ in the low 60s, i thought Tyner was impressive. 

Just now, GeneralForrest said:

Other than having the TSSAA extend multiple drives where their "playground/free for all" style wasnt working, and robbing Riverside of the go-ahead TD (was 30-28 Riverside) on a stupid and inncorect call by an old man with an IQ in the low 60s, i thought Tyner was impressive. 

Tyner had some physical specimens for sure