Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

15 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Adam Caine I think would be my first target

Trey Perry….not a good fit and he had his chance 4 years ago

Nathan Wilson would need a really good staff

Brooks, he was here for only a year.  Just not enough info on him and I doubt he leaves what he has in ER

Stewart at East is an interesting name 

Powell….not really excited about that name

Alexander…not coming

Inman…lot of interest from some but not a proven commodity at this point

Beasley… does he have enough of a varsity resume…. he would intrigue me

Overton…I would love him on the staff as an OC, maybe not HC yet

Chad had a lot of outside distractions, fair or unfair.  The expectations here are high.  I wish him well and bet he will make a huge impact at his next stop.  I wish him well.  

I hope you’re wrong, but to say TP would not be a good fit… blasphemy. Gallatin has struggled with fitness, weight room , and the obvious scheme issues on offense above all. TP focuses more than any coach I know on Weight room and fitness levels. That in itself would improve Gallatin probably immediately.. as for the Scheme issues… it can’t get any worse.

During the offseason TP spent a lot of effort in sport psychology classes for himself and his players to learn how to win again after losing 6 in a row. Theres A lot of good things I can say about TP. He would hands down be one of the top options at Gallatin. With that being Said that would be a terrible day if he did.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, eers said:

I would be surprised if he hasn’t already contacted them. 

I don’t know if it’s that’s serious. IMO he wants his own regime elsewhere. So he can leave the “dads footsteps” haters that are plentiful on here. He would also be leaving top notch facilities for lesser quality. However who wouldn’t want the talent that they have? So who knows.

31 minutes ago, eers said:

Adam Caine I think would be my first target Not my top, but intriguing  

Trey Perry….not a good fit and he had his chance 4 years ago Not sure why he’s not a fit. I think he could win there.

Nathan Wilson would need a really good staff Good coach. Kids love him and coaches would coach with him.

Brooks, he was here for only a year.  Just not enough info on him and I doubt he leaves what he has in ER He wouldn’t be interested, but I would call.

Stewart at East is an interesting name Near the top of my list.

Powell….not really excited about that name Has coached at good programs in three different states and 3 state championships, plus you would get his son who may be the best player on the team day 1.

Alexander…not coming No he’s not, but I would make him say no… multiple times.

Inman…lot of interest from some but not a proven commodity at this point I like Inman, but I think the lights are too bright. Hasn’t proven he can win.

Beasley… does he have enough of a varsity resume…. he would intrigue me Maybe one day, but I think where he’s at is good for him.

Overton…I would love him on the staff as an OC, maybe not HC yet Not ready for that pressure.

I see you left Joslin off?

Joslin is retired.  Not an option

2 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Joslin is retired.  Not an option

31 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I hope you’re wrong, but to say TP would not be a good fit… blasphemy. Gallatin has struggled with fitness, weight room , and the obvious scheme issues on offense above all. TP focuses more than any coach I know on Weight room and fitness levels. That in itself would improve Gallatin probably immediately.. as for the Scheme issues… it can’t get any worse.

During the offseason TP spent a lot of effort in sport psychology classes for himself and his players to learn how to win again after losing 6 in a row. Theres A lot of good things I can say about TP. He would hands down be one of the top options at Gallatin. With that being Said that would be a terrible day if he did.

Well he has a few supporters but most that I know don’t really care for him.  I think he is a good coach but the insiders at Gallatin do not like his attitude and demeanor.  Very very few I talked to think Perry at Gallatin would be a good move for either.  You would have to be from around here to understand.  

13 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Well he has a few supporters but most that I know don’t really care for him.  I think he is a good coach but the insiders at Gallatin do not like his attitude and demeanor.  Very very few I talked to think Perry at Gallatin would be a good move for either.  You would have to be from around here to understand.  

Sounds like that’s the problem. Letting politics make the choice everytime and your going to get the same results 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Adam Caine I think would be my first target -3rd choice

Trey Perry….not a good fit and he had his chance 4 years ago- I agree not a good fit

Nathan Wilson would need a really good staff- 6th

Brooks, he was here for only a year.  Just not enough info on him and I doubt he leaves what he has in ER-4th choice

Stewart at East is an interesting name -2nd choice

Powell….not really excited about that name- me either

Alexander…not coming - Would be my 1st choice, I agree not coming

Inman…lot of interest from some but not a proven commodity at this point- 5th choice

Beasley… does he have enough of a varsity resume…. he would intrigue me- needs to be on staff

Overton…I would love him on the staff as an OC, maybe not HC yet - needs to be on staff

Edited by kappy

55 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

LOL....Are you serious with this?