Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

2 hours ago, eers said:

The biggest mistake they could have ever made from a coaching standpoint was not going ALL IN to get Alexander. Now he has gone across town and beat them the last two years with way less talent. 

And only made the playoffs 1 of 3 years.  Sorry no thanks.  He was offered a staff position years ago and declined.  

2 hours ago, middletn said:

Who brought up disciplinary actions? Cause I brought up academics. If you're wanting to bring up disciplinary... that was an issue with Station Camp what 5 years ago? Since then no incidents to my recollection. Hendersonville shot a Beech kid with a pellet gun.. the Hendersonville kids weren't even athletes at Hendersonville, just students. How about last year when Gallatin football players destroyed and stole property at Station Camp's facilities? And congratulations, you listed the one Gallatin player that went to Pope in the last 5 years. Station Camp, Beech, and Hendersonville lose 10+ a year and you're still losing to them. 

If you knew as much as you claim, you would know about the current issue that has been kept quiet with Hendersonville! One football player is facing adult charges for a serious hazing incident that took place in the locker room, while others are spending their days in the alternative school for their part in this. Don't believe it? Ask around, dig into it and hear what goes on at other schools in this county that gets swept under the rug or hushed up, but anything that happens at Gallatin is the lead on the six-o'clock news because some in that county want that to be the narrative!  I can surmise you are one of those individuals.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, middletn said:

Who brought up disciplinary actions? Cause I brought up academics. If you're wanting to bring up disciplinary... that was an issue with Station Camp what 5 years ago? Since then no incidents to my recollection. Hendersonville shot a Beech kid with a pellet gun.. the Hendersonville kids weren't even athletes at Hendersonville, just students. How about last year when Gallatin football players destroyed and stole property at Station Camp's facilities? And congratulations, you listed the one Gallatin player that went to Pope in the last 5 years. Station Camp, Beech, and Hendersonville lose 10+ a year and you're still losing to them. 

Urinating on the Bison statue that got them kicked off the team.  To my knowledge nothing was stolen or destroyed.  So you got the names of the teachers that left for Liberty Creek or the names of all the school board members that are Gallatin alumni?  

5 hours ago, JPlunkett77 said:

You know they won't allow this in the hiring search. Tried it last time, but it was shot down. 

Not sure if the guy is talking about committee help or financial help here, but the QB Club did play a small role in the hiring process 4 years ago, they were allowed to submit questions they felt important for the interviews.  I'm anticipating a bigger QB Club role this time around.  As far as financially, they've never approached the school about giving coaching stipends and incentives, but I'm also thinking that might change very soon.

8 hours ago, middletn said:

Majority of the Sumner County School Board is old Gallatin people, also a reason why another school hasn't been built down 109 to help relieve pressure from Gallatin High. They don't want Gallatin to lose athletes. Facilities were great... 20 years ago. Seeing a lot of mention of Trey Perry on here but I don't see him leaving top notch facilities for what they have at Gallatin. Sumner County is closed zone, only open zoned school is Liberty Creek. I think Watson could have been successful if he had a coaching staff around him. He has had some great coaches however they have all left due to better opportunities. Past coaches and teachers of Gallatin have said it feels like a Metro school with the amount of students and crap that goes on, but without the Metro pay. I think more than anything the administration needs to get a handle on their school before athletics pick back up. I am pretty sure Gallatin is at the bottom of the county in every category academically as of the 2022 statistics.

Majority of the school board is old Gallatin people, that's hilarious.  It feels like a metro school with all the crap that goes on there?  Don't get me wrong, Gallatin High School has it's fair share of issues, but to suggest it's more than at other places around is flat wrong.  My wife teaches there, she's in the halls, she'll tell you right off that inference is incorrect.  I'm around the school a good bit myself, it's a great school, extremely clean and neat, with admin and staff that are like a family, that love the kids and each other.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with my friend GREENWAVE84EG.  Lot of fiction on this thread.  I thought the the topic was Gallatin’s football coach resigning and who might be next in line. It’s turned into several programs being slandered, kids academics being put into question, and just some out and out lies.  At the end of the day it’s Dr. Becker’s call and he may or may not involve others.  As far as Gallatin’s athletic programs they have a very good boy’s BB Coach in Luna, a very good girls BB coach in Parker, solid baseball program with Mark Wilson who tied for the district championship last year, up and coming softball program with Coach Raper and a state tournament girls soccer team with Coach Harper.  Once again slandering a program whether it be Gallatin, Hville, Beech, or SC is wrong.  

• Like 1