Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

There are some names that have been thrown out that I just question.  

The popular name seems to be Wes Inman.  But why??  4-7 and 6-6 does not excite me as a head coach.  I know some of his “buddies” are gonna push for him but I see no reason to think this is a homerun hire by any stretch.  

Just because you have Gallatin ties or played for coach Short does not mean success here.  Don’t be shortsighted on other possible candidates.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, HTV said:

In which part of Clarksville is the new school located?  I'm pretty familiar with the area, given that my son was posted at Fort Campbell for 5 years.  

Go I-24 West to exit 8, and instead of turning left like you would to go to Rossview, turn right and it’s a few miles out that way, if I’m not mistaken. 

8 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

There are some names that have been thrown out that I just question.  

The popular name seems to be Wes Inman.  But why??  4-7 and 6-6 does not excite me as a head coach.  I know some of his “buddies” are gonna push for him but I see no reason to think this is a homerun hire by any stretch.  

Just because you have Gallatin ties or played for coach Short does not mean success here.  Don’t be shortsighted on other possible candidates.  

I doubt he gets a look, but you mentioning Inman made me think of the current coach at East Robertson. He would do well at Gallatin, but I think he may be waiting for the Portland job to open up one day down the road since he’s from there. 

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Go I-24 West to exit 8, and instead of turning left like you would to go to Rossview, turn right and it’s a few miles out that way, if I’m not mistaken. 

Gotcha. That area was really starting to grow when my son left Fort Campbell. Makes sense. 

47 minutes ago, BawseNick said:

Matt Overton would be an HOMERUN hire, young, offensively minded and from the area. Bleeds Gallatin, would have these guys winning in no time. 

Coach O would want to throw the ball every play but he doesn’t know blocking schemes. He’s done well in 3 years at the middle school but he’d be in WAY over his head to lead a 6A high school. He’ll get his turn but not now. 

46 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I doubt he gets a look, but you mentioning Inman made me think of the current coach at East Robertson. He would do well at Gallatin, but I think he may be waiting for the Portland job to open up one day down the road since he’s from there. 

Brooks son is a freshman at ER and is apart of probably the best football class at ER maybe ever. I doubt he takes the Gallatin job seeing the talent he’ll have for the next couple of years.

3 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Brooks son is a freshman at ER and is apart of probably the best football class at ER maybe ever. I doubt he takes the Gallatin job seeing the talent he’ll have for the next couple of years.

The next few years look promising at ER. They have a shot at a title.

Being paired with the Rutherford County Region come playoff time means 2nd or 3rd round is about the limit for Gallatin. That said, they have a lot of talent and could easily contend for a region championship in year one with the right guy. 

11 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I personally hope he stays at East, since I’m a RobCo guy. I just think Gallatin could do a lot worse than him. 

I suspected this was coming as the clock wound down in Clarksville in week 11.  Maybe earlier than that.  Coach Watson and his whole family are just super people, I've loved them from day 1 back when the announcement was made in December of 2018.  I'm thankful to call them friends.  I'm also thankful for the positives he brought to Gallatin.  He did some really good things.  Unfortunately the nature of the beast when coaching at most high school programs that have had any kind of success, if you don't win you don't stay.  That's just how it works.  We want to wish him and his family the very best at where he lands.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1