Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

I would not want the details of an offer to me to be shared on an internet message board, therefore I won't share any info on an offer to someone else. Especially if I weren't directly involved as either the offerer or offeree. I will say this, realizing that different candidates would probably receive different offers, but the numbers I've seen in this thread are off, both on the high end and the low end.

54 minutes ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Ben Herron was there from 2011-2017.  He went 48-33 overall, which isn't awful.  13-1 in 2013 and 9-3 in 2015.  Outside of those two years, they were pretty average.   Caine has definitely elevated the program, though.   Having said all that, I don't think he was offered anything either.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but add just a little more context. In the two seasons before Ben took over, they were 1-9 each year and both those wins were over Pickett Co. Rest of the games weren't really that competitive. I think his first spring practice there were 19 players. Within 3 years that number was closer to 100. He certainly laid the foundation and Caine has taken that and consistently made it a top 10 type program. Good luck to the Wave in their search. I'm old enough to remember their years as a standard bearer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dragline said:

I would not want the details of an offer to me to be shared on an internet message board, therefore I won't share any info on an offer to someone else. Especially if I weren't directly involved as either the offerer or offeree. I will say this, realizing that different candidates would probably receive different offers, but the numbers I've seen in this thread are off, both on the high end and the low end.

I am pretty sure nobody on this thread knows what the high end is.  The low end would be county salary and coaching stiphen.   I do think saying $150000 is a bit much in reality.  Very very very few public school coaches make above $100k in Tennessee.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

I am pretty sure nobody on this thread knows what the high end is.  The low end would be county salary and coaching stiphen.   I do think saying $150000 is a bit much in reality.  Very very very few public school coaches make above $100k in Tennessee.  

Decades ago the head football coach would be given the profit from the football program sales and some were given the profits from the concession stand after each game.  We all know that those revenue streams were tax free and not reported.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Decades ago the head football coach would be given the profit from the football program sales and some were given the profits from the concession stand after each game.  We all know that those revenue streams were tax free and not reported.

Yeah you cannot do that anymore with the state auditors.   You have to report all revenue streams.  

• Like 1