Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

21 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I suspected this was coming as the clock wound down in Clarksville in week 11.  Maybe earlier than that.  Coach Watson and his whole family are just super people, I've loved them from day 1 back when the announcement was made in December of 2018.  I'm thankful to call them friends.  I'm also thankful for the positives he brought to Gallatin.  He did some really good things.  Unfortunately the nature of the beast when coaching at most high school programs that have had any kind of success, if you don't win you don't stay.  That's just how it works.  We want to wish him and his family the very best at where he lands.  

So was he asked to leave?

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

There are some names that have been thrown out that I just question.  

The popular name seems to be Wes Inman.  But why??  4-7 and 6-6 does not excite me as a head coach.  I know some of his “buddies” are gonna push for him but I see no reason to think this is a homerun hire by any stretch.  

Just because you have Gallatin ties or played for coach Short does not mean success here.  Don’t be shortsighted on other possible candidates.  

Here are some names you will hear and some you may not (but probably should):

Perry - Mt Juliet

Brooks - East Robertson 

Stewart - East Nashville 

Powell - Smith County

Alexander - Station Camp

Hatfield - TTU

Joslin

Some on the list will have no interest, but I would still try to talk to them. 

5 minutes ago, eers said:

Perry - Mt Juliet

Brooks - East Robertson 

Stewart - East Nashville 

Powell - Smith County

Alexander - Station Camp

Hatfield - TTU

Joslin

I would add Adam Caine at Upperman on the list, and also Nathan Wilson at Beech.

Adam Caine I think would be my first target

Trey Perry….not a good fit and he had his chance 4 years ago

Nathan Wilson would need a really good staff

Brooks, he was here for only a year.  Just not enough info on him and I doubt he leaves what he has in ER

Stewart at East is an interesting name 

Powell….not really excited about that name

Alexander…not coming

Inman…lot of interest from some but not a proven commodity at this point

Beasley… does he have enough of a varsity resume…. he would intrigue me

Overton…I would love him on the staff as an OC, maybe not HC yet

Chad had a lot of outside distractions, fair or unfair.  The expectations here are high.  I wish him well and bet he will make a huge impact at his next stop.  I wish him well.  

42 minutes ago, eers said:

Perry - Mt Juliet

Brooks - East Robertson 

Stewart - East Nashville 

Powell - Smith County

Alexander - Station Camp

Hatfield - TTU

Joslin

Take Brooks off the list please! Lol The future is to bright at East for atleast the next 4 years! 

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

That's something he knows more than we do IMO. But winning is a heavyy pressure felt being a coach at Gallatin where it is expected to be a winning program. Don't mistake me for saying it needs to be championship expectations from the fans year in & year out I'm not saying that. (Although that should be on every coach and player's mindset whether it happens or not.) If he goes to new school he can be closer to where he lived, and start up a new program that doesn't have pressure. He can build it in progression.

Didn't know he was from Clarksville, that makes sense that he would go back there.  Football not too hot in Clarksville, not many teams with a winning record 2 or 3 at most.

19 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Adam Caine I think would be my first target Not my top, but intriguing  

Trey Perry….not a good fit and he had his chance 4 years ago Not sure why he’s not a fit. I think he could win there.

Nathan Wilson would need a really good staff Good coach. Kids love him and coaches would coach with him.

Brooks, he was here for only a year.  Just not enough info on him and I doubt he leaves what he has in ER He wouldn’t be interested, but I would call.

Stewart at East is an interesting name Near the top of my list.

Powell….not really excited about that name Has coached at good programs in three different states and 3 state championships, plus you would get his son who may be the best player on the team day 1.

Alexander…not coming No he’s not, but I would make him say no… multiple times.

Inman…lot of interest from some but not a proven commodity at this point I like Inman, but I think the lights are too bright. Hasn’t proven he can win.

Beasley… does he have enough of a varsity resume…. he would intrigue me Maybe one day, but I think where he’s at is good for him.

Overton…I would love him on the staff as an OC, maybe not HC yet Not ready for that pressure.

I see you left Joslin off?

Edited by eers