Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

6 minutes ago, eers said:

It’s not just system, it’s culture. He has to build a new culture for them to be successful, which means he has to be able to cut loose anyone he don’t see fitting the culture. It’s easier to teach a position coach a new technique or system than it is to get them to let go off the past culture. If he’s not able to hire the coaches he wants, they can’t be upset if he doesn’t get the results they anticipate. 

Agree!  And with him being a former AD and a successful coach I am sure he realizes this fully.  Having that AD experience will go a long way to changing things for the better.  I do not think he is coming here for the scenery.  He is coming here to win.  

Solid coach and family. Son of a successful coach and principal from North Mississippi. Cecil Stroup, who became principal at McNairy Central after retiring in Mississippi.  Michael was an an assistant coach at McNairy Central. Think he mostly coached on defense. Believe that he runs a 3-3-5. Semiretired and now deceased former McNairy HFC Tommy Browder used to coach the offense on his staff. Wife is a McNairy Central grad.

Edited by sportsfan53ray

45 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

What’s your take on him? Your the West TN guy in here.

I think trader two’s post really said it well about Stroup. Think he’s left things better than where he found it at his previous jobs. I remember when he was at McNairy and IMO thought it was a huge mistake letting him get gone to Scott’s Hill. Don’t know much about Gallitan or where their program is but think he’ll make them a good coach and program builder.

• Upvote 1

I don't know anything about the coach , but I will take everyone's silence since he was announced, he is pretty good.  Not a lot of trash being said now by anyone.   Some of you know it all's , probably never laced a shoulder pad.  Internet warriors.  Crickets from all of you now.   Lol 

Edited by DwayneSherlin
  • Sad 1

The more I learn about, watch game film, and hear interviews with Michael Stroup the more excited I get!!  Having heard from several coaches, this hire has been met with nothing but positives!!  The school and search committee did their research and I applaud them for how this was handled!!  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

The more I learn about, watch game film, and hear interviews with Michael Stroup the more excited I get!!  Having heard from several coaches, this hire has been met with nothing but positives!!  The school and search committee did their research and I applaud them for how this was handled!!  

He is a good coach.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

Confirmed, Wes Inman will be the DC at Gallatin, Hunter Hicks named Head Coach at Portland 

I can confirm that Wes is coming to Gallatin to coach, but his exact role on the staff has not been determined, yet. Whatever role he fills, he will be a great addition to the staff, and we are excited to have him.

• Upvote 1