Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

14 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Question..So how does this work with coaches getting to know the players and who’s leading off-season workouts? My oldest son said the HC visits but not in the school yet. Does he have to complete the year at his current school just like Inman?

Coach Stroup is already in the school. He started last week, and is teaching a Wellness class. They have been in the process of moving, so he may have missed some due to that, but I'd say he will be leading football activities moving forward.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:21 PM, Tigersandcats said:

I think trader two’s post really said it well about Stroup. Think he’s left things better than where he found it at his previous jobs. I remember when he was at McNairy and IMO thought it was a huge mistake letting him get gone to Scott’s Hill. Don’t know much about Gallitan or where their program is but think he’ll make them a good coach and program builder.

Coach Stroup was never head coach at McNairy Central. He began career at Scotts Hill. He upset an undefeated Adamsville team and that helped get him the USJ job. His dad Cecil was a coaching legend at Walnut and Alcorn Central, both in N. Mississippi.

9 hours ago, Macnarry said:

Coach Stroup was never head coach at McNairy Central. He began career at Scotts Hill. He upset an undefeated Adamsville team and that helped get him the USJ job. His dad Cecil was a coaching legend at Walnut and Alcorn Central, both in N. Mississippi.

Didn’t say he was HC at McNairy. Guess I should have said on the coaching staff at McNairy. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Anybody have details about the bleacher charges being made at the Wave Yard?

They are coming down and a smaller metal one is being put in its place.  About 1250 is all the school board would pay for.  The field is being shifted about 8’-10’ to allow more room on the home sidelines as well.  I would imagine the stands will be down by the end of next weekend.  This has been a project forthcoming for over 2 years now.  

4 hours ago, DwayneSherlin said:

1250?  One of the dumbest ideas I have heard in 50 years of being a Green Wave fan.   

This has been known for over 2 years and only now do people seem to be upset about it.  Where was this outrage when it was announced?   Everybody is upset because they are tearing the visitor side down now because they see it coming apart.  Where was the outrage when it was needed before this started?  Who is holding the BoE accountable?  All the alumni and former players coming out too late.  

• Like 1

Well then let it be fine I guess. Let's have a visitors side that will be no larger than Beech SC or Hville. No need for us to have expected that the bleachers that are replacing the original ones would be a downgrade. 

You gotta also remember that 2 years ago none of us except the BoE knew what they were truly capable of spending, then we seen earlier last year what they built up at LC and people are only now aware of what they spent pretty much all the $$$$ at. 

So I guess it's fine, let's just go ahead and put up some soccer bleachers on the home side too while we're at it. 

Edited by thegreatone36

15 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Well then let it be fine I guess. Let's have a visitors side that will be no larger than Beech SC or Hville. No need for us to have expected that the bleachers that are replacing the original ones would be a downgrade. 

You gotta also remember that 2 years ago none of us except the BoE knew what they were truly capable of spending, then we seen earlier last year what they built up at LC and people are only now aware of what they spent pretty much all the $$$$ at. 

So I guess it's fine, let's just go ahead and put up some soccer bleachers on the home side too while we're at it. 

I do not like it either and most hardcore Gallatin fans won’t.   But this was not done under a rock and this has been discussed on this forum several times.  The expenses have been laid out by the county and like I said this is two years past due for various reasons.  It was originally supposed to be 750 seats the same size as SC but they came back and added seats to make it 1250.  The current size of the visitor side seats 2200.   All I can say is get educated and talk to your QB Club members, go to Gallatin events besides the games like fundraisers, watch what your BoE members are voting for.  Get active in supporting Gallatin and make noise besides at the games.  There are a lot of positives going on at Gallatin and they are turning corners.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

I do not like it either and most hardcore Gallatin fans won’t.   But this was not done under a rock and this has been discussed on this forum several times.  The expenses have been laid out by the county and like I said this is two years past due for various reasons.  It was originally supposed to be 750 seats the same size as SC but they came back and added seats to make it 1250.  The current size of the visitor side seats 2200.   All I can say is get educated and talk to your QB Club members, go to Gallatin events besides the games like fundraisers, watch what your BoE members are voting for.  Get active in supporting Gallatin and make noise besides at the games.  There are a lot of positives going on at Gallatin and they are turning corners.  

I agree there are positives going on around the program. And im all for leaving the stadium where its at. Just has a good feel to it being in the same spot for over 100 years. Keep adding nice amenities to it every off season helps. The moving of the field and re-leveling the whole field and endzones is nice as well. The playing surface is kept very nice, and I wonder if they will eventually consider turf since it gets a lot of games played on it in the fall. Turf would be possible once the endzone is leveled. Home bleachers will probably stay as is. Correct?

Edited by thegreatone36