What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

2 minutes ago, TTate said:

He's taking the DC with him....Coach Sione would have been a great replacement.  Funny thing is....he's not really a defensive guy.  He's an offensive/QB wizard that Trent knew from Elite 11.  Wouldn't be surprised if he is Trent's QB coach at UAB......Hope that Coach Williams (OL coach) or Jaime Graham stay on in some capacity.  I would call Phil Dawson to gauge interest as well

yeah, I was worried about how many would leave.  coach dawson entered my mind as well.  .

5 minutes ago, TTate said:

I don't think it will be a quick fall.....too much talent on the roster that is local.  They still will have Beasley (CB), Spillman (LB), Jimcoly (CB), Gooden (G), Adair (C), 2 rbs.  They are all high D1 recruits that live here and won't transfer.  The concern would be the 8th graders on down.  There are a couple of kids that moved in from out of town but not nearly as many is being talked about....maybe 2 or 3 at most.

They will be back to middle of pack quickly.    2 years max.

Edited by QuickStrike

26 minutes ago, JRB said:

"Made a mockery" how?  Genuinely asking as I have seen very little of LA outside of this board.

Agreed.  I’ve seen them every year since his arrival.  Passionate and respectful of other team’s players were staples.  LA fan base was also cordial while kicking your brains in.  I don’t see the mockery either so I want to be enlightened as well.

Outsiders opinion here....those saying Dilfer changed the culture, built a foundation, etc: did the culture really change or did the financial commitment change? Did Dilfer really build a foundation or was it McCadams? I suggested a few weeks ago that a time would come to gauge if it was all worth it. That time is now. 

Edited by workinprogress
  • Like 1