What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

1 hour ago, sportsfan11212 said:

Does Lipscomb contact Phillip Rivers? Coaches currently at a faith-based school in Fairhope, Alabama. 

I was just about to say Lipscomb Academy is now a national team, and the next head coach will be a big name! I would love someone local but it’s not going to happen.

16 minutes ago, cbg said:

I have been informed by an old CofC and influential David Lipscomb University graduate that Dr. Candice McQueen may have more to say about the direction of the Lipscomb Academy athletic program than many want to believe.  The information that I received is that the president of Lipscomb University is where the buck stops even when dealing with the high school.  It will be interesting to see what happens next.

This.

Different president when Dilfer was hired. He liked shiny stuff and big shows too.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WarrJack said:

I'll give you a name. Negro at Bosco. He recruits. The movement from California to the East not to mention the reported salary of Dilfer would make any coach listen especially on the tax riddled West coast.  You want a big name

Big name for sure but I doubt that would ever happen. Bosco is Negro's alma mater. Plus he would be taking a step down. Bosco is one of the top high school programs in the country year in and year out

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

This.

Different president when Dilfer was hired. He liked shiny stuff and big shows too.

Time will tell.

The same gentlemen also informed me that there is a reason that the "MONEY PEOPLE" demanded that Randy Lowery be removed and replaced by Dr. Candice McQueen.  The old line CofC money people are back in charge and making the decisions at Lipscomb.

17 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It's not a surprised to me. New conference for UAB, fairly new stadium. UAB is a good football team that can win the American next season, and if they do, they can potentially be in a New Year 6 bowl game. Bill Clark did an outstanding job being a head coach for the Blazers. Passing the torch over to Trent will only make this team better.

He's earned the right! That's for sure.

Agree , he works to hard not to succeed at any level.

2 hours ago, volwalker23 said:

Big name for sure but I doubt that would ever happen. Bosco is Negro's alma mater. Plus he would be taking a step down. Bosco is one of the top high school programs in the country year in and year out

St. John Bosco is a Catholic high school in Bellflower, California.  Would the new administration at Lipscomb allow the hiring of a Catholic as the head football coach?