Region 1A 22-23

AllenAdams2201

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 1:18 PM, Backyardbbq15 said:

After the preview first half, who you got for the top spots looking now at district play? Losing only too much larger schools, Hampton seems to be playing good. North Greene has lost to CD a couple times and is always a hard out especially at NG. University High also lost to CD and NG beat them close at home. 

I picked Hampton to win back in the fall with NG finishing second and UH third. I think Hampton is about 10-15 points better than everyone else right now. The only time I could see them getting beat/close game is in Baileyton next week. The way it is looking Hampton has a pretty easy route to the state tourney especially at home. Cosby is probably the best team in the other District and NG hammered them @ Cosby....I seen where Daniel Boone gym has been ruined and they are not playing there the rest of the season. Our district and regional tournament was supposed to be played there. Will be interesting to see where its moved. 

4 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I picked Hampton to win back in the fall with NG finishing second and UH third. I think Hampton is about 10-15 points better than everyone else right now. The only time I could see them getting beat/close game is in Baileyton next week. The way it is looking Hampton has a pretty easy route to the state tourney especially at home. Cosby is probably the best team in the other District and NG hammered them @ Cosby....I seen where Daniel Boone gym has been ruined and they are not playing there the rest of the season. Our district and regional tournament was supposed to be played there. Will be interesting to see where its moved. 

Crockett seems like it would be the logical fill in. They've hosted districts for baseball the past few years.  

8 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Crockett seems like it would be the logical fill in. They've hosted districts for baseball the past few years.  

That is where I had figured they would have it but heard that some of the basketball coaches thought it could be an unfair advantage due to being closer to a certain school. (makes no sense lol )

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

That is where I had figured they would have it but heard that some of the basketball coaches thought it could be an unfair advantage due to being closer to a certain school. (makes no sense lol )

That's ridiculous. I drive to both places multiple times a year, I know it's only about a 5 minute longer drive Carter County Schools. 

**Quick Google mapping, and it's about 5 minutes of a longer drive for NG as well**

Edited by crazzyness