Sept. 1 .. at Polk County

Sept. 8 .. Brainerd (R)

Sept. 15 .. at Sweetwater (R)

Sept. 29 .. Meigs County (R)

Oct. 6 .. Tyner Academy (R)

Oct. 13 .. Kingston

Oct. 20 .. Tellico Plains

Oct. 26 .. at Chattanooga Central (R)

NOTE: they ended the traditional cross creek/County rivalry with Mcminn county  for these next few years bc it had a become very one sided. 

Edited by RichyRich

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

NOTE: they ended the traditional cross creek/County rivalry with Mcminn county  for these next few years bc it had a become very one sided. 

Edited 2 hours ago by RichyRich

2 wins since 1988........and it is less than 10 wins since the school opened in 1966 does not equal a rivalry. 

4 hours ago, RichyRich said:

McMinn Central 2023 schedule

Aug. 18 .. at Signal Mountain

Aug. 28 .. at Seymour

Sept. 1 .. at Polk County

Sept. 8 .. Brainerd (R)

Sept. 15 .. at Sweetwater (R)

Sept. 29 .. Meigs County (R)

Oct. 6 .. Tyner Academy (R)

Oct. 13 .. Kingston

Oct. 20 .. Tellico Plains

Oct. 26 .. at Chattanooga Central (R)

Pretty sure they lost a lot. 5-5 at best 

Central won in 72,73, 74, 88 and 2014 with a forfeit win in 81.  Bottom line is taking a beating all in the name of money has gotten old and that ship has sailed.  McMinn is rebelling and not playing Central in any sport starting in 23. Funny  though, they will still play Meigs in everything but football. 

Edited by THE89Charger
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Charger64 said:

2 wins since 1988........and it is less than 10 wins since the school opened in 1966 does not equal a rivalry. 

Just was the name of the game every year.  Wasn't necessarily saying it was ever close. What I grew up hearing it called my whole life I was just relaying the schedule to coacht and noting the a long standing game was removed sheesh.

10 hours ago, THE89Charger said:

Central won in 72,73, 74, 88 and 2014 with a forfeit win in 81.  Bottom line is taking a beating all in the name of money has gotten old and that ship has sailed.  McMinn is rebelling and not playing Central in any sport starting in 23. Funny  though, they will still play Meigs in everything but football. 

I like the idea of the Black and Blue scrimmage.  Charge $5 and split gate 50/50 sell some hot dogs and burgers and let that help both programs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

I like the idea of the Black and Blue scrimmage.  Charge $5 and split gate 50/50 sell some hot dogs and burgers and let that help both programs.  

I hear ya buddy and I know that’s the popular opinion. However, allow me to be “that guy”.  If McMinn is too big and powerful to play then they are too big and powerful to scrimmage.  

Big mistake to drop McMinn. Huge revenue for both programs and it is a non region game. If they are scared of McMinn just come out and say it. I do not know who coach talked to but almost every Central fan I have talked to was against dropping the game. Central replaced McMinn with a cupcake in Seymour. That might be good for a win but it won't help the team playing weak competition. There are a lot of areas Central needs to improve in but most with the defense which was pitiful.      

39 minutes ago, Italwa said:

Big mistake to drop McMinn. Huge revenue for both programs and it is a non region game. If they are scared of McMinn just come out and say it. I do not know who coach talked to but almost every Central fan I have talked to was against dropping the game. Central replaced McMinn with a cupcake in Seymour. That might be good for a win but it won't help the team playing weak competition. There are a lot of areas Central needs to improve in but most with the defense which was pitiful.      

Such a tired statement.  I don't think anyone is scared, but going and taking a high scoring loss every season is tough, especially week one.  Coaches are trying to get player buy in and it takes weeks to recover.  Cupcake, McMinn played 3 teams in Centrals region.  Probably didn't help there team playing smaller schools either.  As I stated, a black and blue game imo is the best option.  Really McMinn has the most to lose if they are defeated in this game. 

• Like 1