East Nashville vs Alcoa missing thread???

crow6424

First off congratulations to Alcoa on an 8th straight State Championship and a 21st overall.

East Nashville made 3 huge mistakes in the first half that they just couldn’t overcome to beat Alcoa.

1.). The Pick Six.

2.). The Onside Kick when it was 21-20 in the final minute of the half.

3.). The botched kick return that gave Alcoa a free FG to end the half.  

Those 3 mistakes directly led to 17 of Alcoa’s 31 points in the 1st Half.  

I didn’t realize how young Alcoa was this year until I started looking at their roster after the game.  They maybe had a dozen seniors.  They will be back the next two years and be favored to push it to 10 straight.  

On a side note I went with a group of friends to a BBQ joint as soon as the game ended and spoke with a group of people from Alcoa.  The more I spoke to them I thought one of them was an Alcoa “Goon” from CoachT.  If you were then it was great to meet you guys.  

East Nashville had a great two year run with their seniors and certainly shouldn’t feel disappointed in any way.  They battled their tails off and took the game into the 4th Quarter before attrition caught up to them.  

The best 3 looking kids on Alcoa’s team were #45 the OLB, #44 the TE, and #7 the TB.  They’ll all be back next year along with #4 the WR.  All of those kids are going to pay for their college educations playing football one day in the future.  

Great game and very fun to watch, hats off to both teams, congrats to Alcoa for winning their 8th straight Gold Ball!

EN had some studs on their team as well, their QB #2 Beard is a beast, very fun to watch that young man play football. They did not say if he had any offers, but he should be playing football somewhere next year in college...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Great game and very fun to watch, hats off to both teams, congrats to Alcoa for winning their 8th straight Gold Ball!

EN had some studs on their team as well, their QB #2 Beard is a beast, very fun to watch that young man play football. They did not say if he had any offers, but he should be playing football somewhere next year in college...

Absolutely.  Beard #2 and Wilson #3 were great players.

I also liked #4 the RB.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Alcoa on their 21st championship .  EN played a hard fought game , that missed kick off done it , there no way east would onside kick it that ball, the kicker missed the ball, then the kickoff return botch gave them 10 points easy !  Two years in a row they shot themselves in the foot. Alcoa just continues to be the standard! 

Good year both teams 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Alcoa would not go through 4A like they do 3A. Greeneville and Betsy would be a much tougher quarterfinal game. Alcoa would absolutely win state championships at the 4A level but they would also get beat by either or both of those teams from time to time. Don’t believe they win 8 in a row in 4A. But they still win a lot!!! 

I don't know how many out of eight Alcoa would win,but I guarantee you my Devils or Elizabethtown wouldn't be nearly as comfortable about their own chances of ever winning another gold ball with Alcoa waiting instead of Anderson county for the second or third round matchup.

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

First off congratulations to Alcoa on an 8th straight State Championship and a 21st overall.

East Nashville made 3 huge mistakes in the first half that they just couldn’t overcome to beat Alcoa.

1.). The Pick Six.

2.). The Onside Kick when it was 21-20 in the final minute of the half.

3.). The botched kick return that gave Alcoa a free FG to end the half.  

Those 3 mistakes directly led to 17 of Alcoa’s 31 points in the 1st Half.  

I didn’t realize how young Alcoa was this year until I started looking at their roster after the game.  They maybe had a dozen seniors.  They will be back the next two years and be favored to push it to 10 straight.  

On a side note I went with a group of friends to a BBQ joint as soon as the game ended and spoke with a group of people from Alcoa.  The more I spoke to them I thought one of them was an Alcoa “Goon” from CoachT.  If you were then it was great to meet you guys.  

East Nashville had a great two year run with their seniors and certainly shouldn’t feel disappointed in any way.  They battled their tails off and took the game into the 4th Quarter before attrition caught up to them.  

The best 3 looking kids on Alcoa’s team were #45 the OLB, #44 the TE, and #7 the TB.  They’ll all be back next year along with #4 the WR.  All of those kids are going to pay for their college educations playing football one day in the future.  

Yes, This East Nashville Team was an absolute loaded team with talent and great players. They are well coached also. They pushed Alcoa physically, especially #4, #3 & #2. Again great players. 

As far as Alcoa, yes,Alcoa returns all but two players on defense.  #7 & #4 are brothers. #44 & #4 are Sophomores.  #8 is a Freshmen. Some great players coming in from the Middle School should help in reloading.

Yes, you probably came across "Slant" he talked about going for BBQ. I went to hang with friends in ChooChoo town while in the area. It would have be great to meet you after getting to hang with coacht legend and my buddy Booger! :thumb:

8 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I don't know how many out of eight Alcoa would win,but I guarantee you my Devils or Elizabethtown wouldn't be nearly as comfortable about their own chances of ever winning another gold ball with Alcoa waiting instead of Anderson county for the second or third round matchup.

There will be a time that Alcoa and the Devils will be playing again.  The biggest thing I look forward to is pre game talks with the great Devils fans, and especially Batman!:thumb: a classy bunch of Fellers!

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

There will be a time that Alcoa and the Devils will be playing again.  The biggest thing I look forward to is pre game talks with the great Devils fans, and especially Batman!:thumb: a classy bunch of Fellers!

Congrats on adding another Gold Ball to the trophy case BC!!!  It looks like next year the Tornadoes and Devils will be back at it!