Friendship Christian vs Nashville Christian D2-A Gold Ball Contest

Booger

4 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

Upset?  That is crazy.   The better team won and the championship was probably decided a week earlier.

Not even close. NCS was on a roll with the hottest player in the division while FCS had been winning in tighter matches. USJ was maybe the fourth best team in the Div and was just as they had been most years, the benefactor of beating weaker teams from the west. USJ was the best matchup for FCS, NCS, and DCA. So, with the way NCS had been playing with their outstanding QB it’s absolutely reasonable for them to have been a big favorite. 

Edited by Playerscoach

14 hours ago, JimBu said:

Congrats to Friendship Christian!   What a game!  You beat a team that recruits, recruits, recruits,  and still lost the championship.  Boo hoo!  Win like a champion!  Unlike NCS could have done!  

FC is an organic program? Garrett Weekly from Kings , Devin Lively from Knox Catholic both promoted for Mr Football. Last year Bryson Reeves transfers into FC, all junior and seniors. Maybe  John Mcneal has transfer portal in high school that nobody else knows about. Recruiting off other schools roster. NC absolutely recruits using IEP which not many schools offer. So yes NC recruits but so does FC. DivII was created because of recruiting/FA. I don't believe most DivII A schools recruit but the top two this year absolutely both do. I would say its not a reach that every kid nominated for Mr Football in Div II were recruited/FA . Organic at top would be rare. 

Edited by BobbyB

12 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

Upset?  That is crazy.   The better team won and the championship was probably decided a week earlier.

I don't know about week earlier, FC had hard side of the bracket defeated DCA 14-13 in OT. I'd say they decided by beating every team they played. 

3 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Is the NCS QB your grandson or something? I think Don King did less promotion for Tyson back in the 80s. 

I don’t get the douche bag Responses from you guys? Surely you guys know enough about football directing as top to your talent? A kid is already been contacted by high-level power five schools and the SEC as well. I hate that he’s at a rival school but you have to give credit to the kid for the way he performed this year. Or maybe you can just continue with the moronic posts?

1 hour ago, BobbyB said:

FC is an organic program? Garrett Weekly from Kings , Devin Lively from Knox Catholic both promoted for Mr Football. Last year Bryson Reeves transfers into FC, all junior and seniors. Maybe  John Mcneal has transfer portal in high school that nobody else knows about. Recruiting off other schools roster. NC absolutely recruits using IEP which not many schools offer. The redshirt freshman quarterback for NC is at the school for IEP. So yes NC recruits but so does FC. DivII was created because of recruiting/FA. I don't believe most DivII A schools recruit but the top two this year absolutely both do. 

That’s pretty dang classless to come on a message board and talk about a kid having an IEP.  Please delete this part of your post.  

4 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Is the NCS QB your grandson or something? I think Don King did less promotion for Tyson back in the 80s. 

Not my grandson, but I thought Jeff Brothers choked yesterday.    NCS had the ball inside the 10 and he gave it to a freshman RB that fumbled in a crucial situation.  Brothers had the talent this year, and got outcoached yesterday.   It was blatant that FCS was way more prepared, and NCS has come up short 2 years in a row.  

Edited by 2minutedrill

13 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

NCS was the big favorite. I think anyone not associated with either team would say that. Thanks for being a dbag. :) 

According to YOU, NCS was the big favorite. NCS had the easier side of the bracket IMO. FCS was obviously more battle tested. You are clearly an NCS homer, and that's ok.. I'm a homer for my team as well as you are most aware. When one takes the rose colored glasses off once an individual season is finished, it's easier to see. No matter the team, I can always find a pathway to victory in my mind. The question is can my pathway be executed or not. Sometimes it can but we can't sustain it for 48 minutes. Mind you, I'm not taking anything away from NCS. They were a fine team that earned its place. FCS was the better team this year. I think next year might be your year depending on how hard graduation hits FCS and your own NCS team. 

ACDC was very smart when they said "its a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll". FCS did that this year. Give them the credit they are due. Their win was no upset. It was earned.

Congratulations to NCS on  fine season and to FCS on earning a state championship.

4 hours ago, BobbyB said:

FC is an organic program? Garrett Weekly from Kings , Devin Lively from Knox Catholic both promoted for Mr Football. Last year Bryson Reeves transfers into FC, all junior and seniors. Maybe  John Mcneal has transfer portal in high school that nobody else knows about. Recruiting off other schools roster. NC absolutely recruits using IEP which not many schools offer. So yes NC recruits but so does FC. DivII was created because of recruiting/FA. I don't believe most DivII A schools recruit but the top two this year absolutely both do. I would say its not a reach that every kid nominated for Mr Football in Div II were recruited/FA . Organic at top would be rare. 

did the weeklys move i wonder or did he QB "stay" with a "host".....The kid never even started at King's did he? How tragic........

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

According to YOU, NCS was the big favorite. NCS had the easier side of the bracket IMO. FCS was obviously more battle tested. You are clearly an NCS homer, and that's ok.. I'm a homer for my team as well as you are most aware. When one takes the rose colored glasses off once an individual season is finished, it's easier to see. No matter the team, I can always find a pathway to victory in my mind. The question is can my pathway be executed or not. Sometimes it can but we can't sustain it for 48 minutes. Mind you, I'm not taking anything away from NCS. They were a fine team that earned its place. FCS was the better team this year. I think next year might be your year depending on how hard graduation hits FCS and your own NCS team. 

ACDC was very smart when they said "its a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll". FCS did that this year. Give them the credit they are due. Their win was no upset. It was earned.

Congratulations to NCS on  fine season and to FCS on earning a state championship.

Good grief. I have zero affiliation with NCS but I do know the division and we played against both teams this season. I just understand football and the kid at QB for NCS showed why he’s considered to be a top tier recruit as a freshman.