Would it be fair to allow all High schools to recruit up to two players a year?

Fawhy

I'm just wondering would it be fair to let all high schools recruit up to two players a year. What type of rules would need to be utilized to make it fair? Just looking at private schools and their ability to recruit, I wonder could it work for public schools as well?

1 hour ago, Fawhy said:

I'm just wondering would it be fair to let all high schools recruit up to two players a year. What type of rules would need to be utilized to make it fair? Just looking at private schools and their ability to recruit, I wonder could it work for public schools as well?

At this point it’s not limited to just the private schools. Yes they are the only ones that can legally recruit but there are plenty of public schools that recruit right now too and the TSSAA chooses to do nothing about them. So to answer your question i don’t feel like allowing it would be a terrible idea but with the TSSAA already struggling to uphold the rules they have in place what makes us think they would be able to enforce any recruiting rules and sanctions?!

I mean the Middle TN area alone has one of the better recruiting private schools in the state for girl’s basketball in Webb and a head coach at a public school that likes to recruit players and add parents to his staff in order to get some players from outside his zone too. It’s been happening for years and these people don’t even have to try and cover it up or be discreet because the TSSAA doesn’t have the backbone to do anything about it. Never has and never will. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, MidTennBballObserver said:

Public schools can say they do not recruit but we all know that is a lie.  In my thirties Shelbyville did this every year and now almost all try to do it in some fashion.

TSSAA will tell you real quick they aren’t in the detective business. Unless you have solid proof and turn them in nothing will be done. 

On 12/1/2022 at 4:08 PM, NewEagleEyes said:

I mean the Middle TN area alone has one of the better recruiting private schools in the state for girl’s basketball in Webb and a head coach at a public school that likes to recruit players and add parents to his staff in order to get some players from outside his zone too. It’s been happening for years and these people don’t even have to try and cover it up or be discreet because the TSSAA doesn’t have the backbone to do anything about it. Never has and never will. 

Have any schools made official complaints? As I understand that's the only way it gets looked at. 

On 12/1/2022 at 4:08 PM, NewEagleEyes said:

I heard through the grapevine that the TSSAA was going to make kids set out a year if they go to a boarding school in the future.