Baylor vs MBA T$$AA D2-AAA Gold Ball Contest

Booger

MBA, IMO, was living on the edge the past few weeks and could have easily lost a couple of games, McCallie and CBHS come to mind.  I think last night finally caught up with them.  Some really good teams in D2-AAA this year…it was an entertaining season.

• Like 1

Great game even despite the refs.  I saw a post that it was the same crew that worked the McCallie/MBA game during the season @ McCallie.  If this is true then it explains it.  MBA won even with the horrible calls.  I watched it on YouTube and was done with that crew when MBA hit back in the flat who took it about 70 yds.  When the RB had gone about 40 or 50 yds the line judge threw the flag for holding in the backfield.  Pitiful!

The one call I have a huge problem with is the no call on the OPI...that was just blatant, and later we get called for a BS DPI call.  Those are judgement calls, and both went against us.  Strange of course that the BCB people refused to show the replay on the jumbotron of that OPI/TD for Baylor, even as it was a scoring play.

Truth is MBA, Baylor, and McCallie are all pretty even this year.  All the games between them were 1 score games.  We simply got outcoached in this one.  Baylor made adjustments from the first match-up on offense and we didn't have answers.  We got no pressure on QB at all, which was very different from the first match-up.  We picked a terrible time for our first lost fumble of the season, and some shaky execution.

4 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Great game even despite the refs.  I saw a post that it was the same crew that worked the McCallie/MBA game during the season @ McCallie.  If this is true then it explains it.  MBA won even with the horrible calls.  I watched it on YouTube and was done with that crew when MBA hit back in the flat who took it about 70 yds.  When the RB had gone about 40 or 50 yds the line judge threw the flag for holding in the backfield.  Pitiful!

It wasn’t the same crew. 
All I have to say about it.